Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please

Options
  • 23-04-2008 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I am about to buy my first rifle. I have used one before, and i've seen another on in action both hawke .22's. i could only fire once and reload but he could fire multiple shots how is this? where could i get this type of rifle

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

or is it a magazine attached to it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

It sounds like one of you had a bolt action and the other one had a semi automatic

Any decent firearms dealer will be able to sell you either type

semi auto rifle how are there different size clips for them and can u get them on a 22 rifle or was it a bigger gun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    semi auto rifle how are there different size clips for them and can u get them on a 22 rifle or was it a bigger gun
    Semi Auto's are available in most popular calibres. The Ruger 10/22 is the preferred one by those who like them things, but there are plenty of others around.

Mag sizes vary, but you can also buy extra capacity mags if you need them as a separate item.

Bear in mind that (when it eventually happens) semi autos above .22 will be restricted as will semi auto .22's with greater than 10 round mags. That means that you have to go to the Chief Super for a licence and prove that there's nothing unrestriceted that won't do the job.

Wat do u mean, u can have a .22 with a 10 round mag and it will be ok??

• Advertisement

Wat do u mean, u can have a .22 with a 10 round mag and it will be ok??

Yes indeedy :D 10 rounds or less in a semi. There's no limit on a bolt action, but you don't want the damn thing dragging on the ground :D.

cool can u tell me roughly how much for a .22 10round semi auto rifle?

cool can u tell me roughly how much for a .22 10round semi auto rifle?

I think I answered that on another thread you started. Click here

Cheers bud! just to clarify one thing. I could buy this and keep it legally with a normal firearms cert? http://www.shoot.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_25&products_id=22

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Definitely, it's licensed just like any other rifle.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Thanks i'm puttin my order in tommorro! cheers fellas

Advertisement