Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Face Cream

Options
  • 23-04-2008 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭

Having read an article on Aldi Anti Wrinkle Face Cream, my sister bought it and has been using it and thinks its lovely. Apparently, the exact same ingredients are in it that are in most other expensive face creams.

I use Clinique and Chanel products and Im thinking am I crazy as I pay a small fortune for it. Aldi Cream is €3 and seems to be the same.

What do you think, are they likely to be the same??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

its not all about BRAND names, they are definatoly the same. we are just been ripped off by the likes of Chanel and Clinique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

op have to agree with you. the aldi day cream is fantastic. the night one isnt as great (ive sensitive skin and i thought it made me slightly rashy) but the day one is brill. and all that for three euro. score!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

My mum uses this, actually. She's used Lancome, and only Lancome for years (and I do mean only - all her make-up is Lancome, every last scrap of it, except for a Benfit tinted moisturiser she stole from me), but switched to the Aldi cream after reading an article somewhere a few weeks ago. She really does look great with it, too - she's gotten loads of compliments since she's been using it. I've used it myself, and actually find it superior to my Clinique Dramatically Different. I'd switch, but I need to find out if it's animal tested or not before I do, and I haven't gotten around to that yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

It's mentioned in a feature in this weeks Now magazine about Budget Wrinkle Busters. Seems good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Wow Im off to aldi do get some of this stuff! does it smell nice too?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Stuff is selling like hot cakes over here in aldi ......before thay cop on an up the price .

* get thee wimminz to your nearst aldi quick * ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

After reading that Madonna uses the "Siana" Q10 cream, I went looking for some in aldi.
    They'd sold out of it at the time, but I got some the other day and have to say it's pretty good stuff.
    I've used Nivea Q10 plus before( not really for wrinkles , but for a bit of extra moisture) and have to say this stuff is as good as it.
    My only downside is that I'm not that gone on the smell, but I can get over that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

bronte wrote: »
    My only downside is that I'm not that gone on the smell, but I can get over that!

Yes I'm the same. Love cream thats smells good and this isn't great but like you Bronte, I'd easily get over that for 3 quid. Besides, Clinique has no scent!

I spoke to a woman the other day who has used Nivea all her life, she is in her sixties and her skin is in great nic. I am gonna ditch my BRAND name clinique and chanel and try out the Aldi and see how I go. Im in my thirties so kinda conscious of wrinkles and had no problem in the past paying for it but its so expensive Im not going to bother now. Especially if they are the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Have to say the Aldi day cream is fantastic too. My mother use it all the time and she looks great. Well worth 3euros. Who said Clinque and other major expensive brands are the best??? Come on girls head to Aldi and you save a fortune looking great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

this stuff sounds brilliant im off to get some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Yes I'm the same. Love cream thats smells good and this isn't great but like you Bronte, I'd easily get over that for 3 quid. Besides, Clinique has no scent!

I spoke to a woman the other day who has used Nivea all her life, she is in her sixties and her skin is in great nic. I am gonna ditch my BRAND name clinique and chanel and try out the Aldi and see how I go. Im in my thirties so kinda conscious of wrinkles and had no problem in the past paying for it but its so expensive Im not going to bother now. Especially if they are the same!!

Yep! It's not a bad smell or anything! but just wasn't too keen on it.
    For that price and the fact that it's actually a decent cream you can let some things go :D
    Must get a few more pots next time I'm in there!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Is there a limited number per customer?;) :D This stuff sounds great, I'm gonna stock up this weekend.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭heavyheart

Is it just called aldi face cream ??? Sooooo going to get some !

heavyheart wrote: »
    Is it just called aldi face cream ??? Sooooo going to get some !

Its Aldi anti wrinkle day cream and also they do anti wrinkle nightcream. Christ, I probably won't be able to get it now - my mates are all using it too. Bet the price increases as latchyco says when they realise how popular its becoming.

Keep this to yourselves girls:D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Gawd... I'm so fond of my Clinique super defence, but for 3 euros this has got to be worth a try. Just wondering how 'strong' it is, and does it have an SPF? I live in a really polluted environment with cold winters and hot summer sun, so need a really protective skin cream. That's how I've justified the 50 odd quid on Clinique super defence...

Gawd... I'm so fond of my Clinique super defence, but for 3 euros this has got to be worth a try. Just wondering how 'strong' it is, and does it have an SPF? I live in a really polluted environment with cold winters and hot summer sun, so need a really protective skin cream. That's how I've justified the 50 odd quid on Clinique super defence...

Ah come on, don't push it love.. :D

Haha, yeah, I know... it's just, honestly, I've tried loads of skin creams in the past, from cheap to expensive, and none have been 'protective' enough... either they've been too strong & greasy so I end up with zits, or too weak and my skin ends up cracking and flaking (neither an attractive prospect to return to). Clinique super defence is soooo good... considering the environment I'm living in now, I'm not sure I wanna risk zit-face or flake-face again just for the sake of the latest cheap fad (sorry if that sounds harsh, but...) You get my point? If the Aldi stuff is really that good, well it's worht a try for a couple of weeks, but if it's more just a cult of popularity, I'll give it a miss and keep forking out my hard-earned cash for Clinique...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Haha, yeah, I know... it's just, honestly, I've tried loads of skin creams in the past, from cheap to expensive, and none have been 'protective' enough... either they've been too strong & greasy so I end up with zits, or too weak and my skin ends up cracking and flaking (neither an attractive prospect to return to). Clinique super defence is soooo good... considering the environment I'm living in now, I'm not sure I wanna risk zit-face or flake-face again just for the sake of the latest cheap fad (sorry if that sounds harsh, but...) You get my point? If the Aldi stuff is really that good, well it's worht a try for a couple of weeks, but if it's more just a cult of popularity, I'll give it a miss and keep forking out my hard-earned cash for Clinique...

Give it a try, it's only 3 quid or so. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Ah no, your right to go with what you know, especially if it works for you and you have sensitive skin! I'm sick of paying for the dear stuff so thats why Im gonna give it a try. The eye cream alone I buy from Clinique is €42 for the tiniest little pot of cream you have ever seen. Hello, I still have wrinkles under my eyes...Not bothering with any of it for a while and see how I go..

AlexBM wrote: »
    Give it a try, it's only 3 quid or so. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah... as I say though, it's not the price (honestly for the price of a coffee...!) it's the fact that I know it can take up to a week for your skin to 'acclimatise' to a new cream, i.e. for it to start to work, but that's plenty long enough for me to return to zit-face or flake-face which would be unpleasant in itself and might take longer to shift...

Sod it though, am home in Dublin next week so might pick up a pot anyway and give it a try for a day or two at least...
    I'm sick of paying for the dear stuff so thats why Im gonna give it a try. The eye cream alone I buy from Clinique is €42 for the tiniest little pot of cream you have ever seen. Hello, I still have wrinkles under my eyes...

Yeah I've also given up with the random faddy things, though, and am getting to an age in life (christ I hate saying that) where I know what works for me and what doesn't. I don't bother with eye creams, but use a really good cleanser, toner & moisturiser twice a day, (moisturiser = super defence, with SPF 15 which I'm convinced is crucial) and that has kept the major wrinkles at bay til now.

I'm not that loaded with cash either tho, so if this 3 quid stuff is really that good I'm sure I can think of other ways to spend my clinique funds ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

aldi, thats never good.

Advertisement