Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Message in inbox notification

Options
  • 23-04-2008 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a nokia N73 and of late I dont seem seem to be getting something on my screen after a text message arrives (ie) "1 message received". I do see it alright when the phone goes to screensaver and I see the little envelope.

I assume its just some setting but I have tried a few things to no avail,

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that's not a setting. bring it back to where you bought it or try upgrading the firmware if you know how

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Hmmm... as far as I remember there's a setting in the phone where you can pick what notifications you want to see on the screen. I think its somewhere there in phone or stand by settings. You may have accidentely switched it off, have a look it may work out. I think it was there on E65, not sure about N73 to be honest.

Although I may be wrong, cant argue with Sam Vimes on mobiles :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Maybe what you 'seem to remember' in sms settings is 'receive report'? Different thing.

Mr Vimes is right, methinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Hmmm... as far as I remember there's a setting in the phone where you can pick what notifications you want to see on the screen. I think its somewhere there in phone or stand by settings. You may have accidentely switched it off, have a look it may work out. I think it was there on E65, not sure about N73 to be honest.
    i think you're thinking of the active standby menu (menu->tools->settings->phone->standby mode->active standby on my e65). that's not the same

you're talking about the thing that gives you shortcuts to your inbox and the net and the camera and your calendar entried etc on the main screen right?

edit: actually now i think of it that would be a way around the problem because the active standby menu lets you know if you have a message too. so the normal message notification isn't working but the active standby menu might still show it
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    Although I may be wrong, cant argue with Sam Vimes on mobiles :)
    that's why they call me "that weird guy with 6 phones in his pocket" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Thanks guys

I have checked the software and its up to date (possibly because I have had no end of problems and it has already been sent away twice for different problems - I think all they did was update the software)

The active standby is also on

I'll keep an eye of it for a while. I suppose ultimately I'll have to bring it back altho the replacement phone I usually get is a bright red yoke from the dark ages. I think I'm due an upgrade in a few months anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

I have the same problem all the time with my E70. It happens when i have over 2200 messages in my inbox. Just delete some and turn the phone off and back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

If The Bazman's suggestion doesn't work, try a full factory reset of the phone:
    Hold down Call (green), * and 3, then power on thephone, hold down these buttons until you are asked for PIN.

Note:, you'll loose everything on the phone (and possibly mem card also).

Advertisement