Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 Item Requirements

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

Season 4 Item Requirements

»www.mmo-champion.com/

While Season 3 is still going strong, we wanted to announce ahead of time the rating requirements that will be present for arena items once Season 4 begins. We also wanted to give everyone a heads up to some changes that will be in an upcoming patch, altering how points are gained and players are matched in the arena system. The patch with these changes is scheduled to release before the start of Season 4.

First though, the rating requirement changes:

When Season 4 begins, Season 3 items will be reduced in personal and team arena rating requirement to:
    Shoulders: 1950
    Weapon: 1800

The new Season 4 items will have the below personal and team arena rating requirements:
    Shoulders: 2200
    Weapon: 2050
    Head: 1700
    Chest: 1600
    Legs: 1550
    Gloves: none
    Off-hand: none

In addition, some of the Season 4 quality items that will be purchasable with honor will also carry a personal and team arena rating requirement:
    Boots: 1700
    Ring: 1650
    Bracers: 1575
    Belt: none
    Necklace: none
    Trinket: none

The Season 2 items, which will move to the honor system when Season 4 begins, will continue to have no rating requirement.

The changes to the rating requirements for these items reflect the nature of the items, their power, and the relative difficulty that should be had when attempting to obtain them. These items are comparable to those found in the newest 25 person raid zone, Sunwell Plateau, and should therefore also feel very challenging to obtain.

To help ensure that the challenge in obtaining these items stays true to those achieving these ratings, we'll also be implementing new rules with an upcoming patch to curb practices that undermine the core concepts of the arena system. These rules are as follows:

* If a character’s personal rating is more than 150 points below the team rating, they will earn points based on their personal rating instead of the team rating.

This means that a player cannot join a highly rated team and begin earning points based purely on the pre-established rating of the team before they joined it. They'll need to compete, improve, and gain a personal rating worthy of the points they would receive.

* If the average personal rating of the players queuing for a game is more than 150 points below the team’s rating, the team will be queued against an opponent matching or similar to the average personal rating.

This means that players cannot join a highly rated team and immediately face highly rated opponents, easily and quickly bringing their personal rating up. Instead they'll need to again compete, improve, and earn their rating.

We're excited to see these changes implemented, which will continue to emphasize the strong competitive nature of the arenas, and the challenge in obtaining the highest end rewards available for PvP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Any date when S4 is out ?

Also how many points can i have stored up before S4 starts ? have 3500 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Any date when S4 is out ?

Also how many points can i have stored up before S4 starts ? have 3500 at the moment.

No date as of yet, and Blizz will give two weeks warning so its at least 3 weeks from today but could be much longer depending on how PvE progresses and WotLK release date.

Think the rule for how many points is double the cost of the most expensive item, but i'm not 100% sure on that.

Think i will go and buy the S3 helm, Cant see my self getting 1700 raiting any time soon when S4 comes out. Im always around 1630 - 1565 raiting, but all my gear is S1 pvp gear which is kind of crap. Keep coming up against S3 dudes & them fights are hard.

Me more into PvE but i like to do 10 games a week in PvP just for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Think the cap is 5000 arena points, not positive but seem to remember the number from the end of s2. This is a brilliant change imo, the end of welfare epics and kinda the end of point selling

Was thinking the same thing funky.
    Should mean u will have to work for your Arean gear like i have always done.

Example, i know a guy with little to none pvp gear. Joined a good arena team with 1900 raiting " Friends of his ". He only needed to play 4 games a week even if he lost all them 4 he still got a load of points for little work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Its not the end of welfare epics, its the end of future welfare epics. There are still the ones already in place, at least for another season...

Also, we still have welfare epics from PvE. The badge loot is insanely good. A crappy guild can just farm Karazhan for a few months and get enough badges to pick up some insanely good (almost T6 equivalent gear) for no more effort than that. Added to that the ability to farm heroics being ez-mode compared to BT and Sunwell and you will see that welfare epics are still going strong, but the focus has now moved from PvP to PvE.

Also, I dont think this will solve the points buying fiasco we have now this season but will just make the problem more expensive for those involved. Which I suppose is a good thing anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭jason&arthur

i dont think wellfare epics are a bad thing, decent players are more in demand than decent geared players, and with wellfare epics its pretty ez for a guild to pick out a decent player or atleast one that makes an effort for purposes of recruitment etc. u can get 4/8 t3 in 1 Hyj/BT run, so what are the true wellfare epics? admittedly its 25 peoples time and not just 5, but the time and effort spent by the single person getting "boosted" is less than the people grinding up those badges/arena points for weaps

edit: and yeah the cap is 5000 arena points 75000 honor points

Advertisement