Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints against dentists

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I'm wondering if anyone knows where you can make complaints against dentists. My ex girlfriend was in this morning to have a wisdom tooth extracted. While he was pulling the tooth she felt a pain and shouted out "aah". He told her he wasn't having any shouting in his surgery and asked her to leave with half the wisdom tooth still in, gave her no cotton to stop bleeding etc. All he did was give her some prescrition for something or other, a name of some other fella and said "You'll be waiting a few months for that".. Shocking behaviour. She rang the Irish Dental Association, but the woman who answered simply said "I don't know, I'm not a dentist".

Disgraceful behaviour really and a complaint is a must I feel.

Thanks for your help

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

My wife complained to that association and got a very quick and satisfactory response. I would ring them again and get put through to someone with a brain. Ask for the Customer Service dept or complaints dept.
    Try http://www.dentalcouncil.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 25 PaddyW

Thanks a million

Advertisement