Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€150 suit?

Options
  • 23-04-2008 11:03am

So I got my tax rebate from last year, and its €200, €50 already spent, so I'm thinking, lets be a bit grown up (I'm 28 btw;)) and get ourselves a new suit. Never bought a suit before, so where should I go? What should I look for in particular? Should I just bring a female friend along with me to buy it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I went looking for a €150 suit a while back. Ended up getting one in river island. It's alright, does the job. There's a few other places like topman that do them but they all had skinny leg trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Depends on what you want and how long you want it for.

My last few suits have been tailored and look the better for it, tho i bought an off the shelf one for lets say a lot!

Do you use a suit every day or just special occasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Predhead

TBH spend your money on something else and save for a decent suit. A nice one will set you back anywhere from 400 - 800 depending. Nothing like a really good new suit :D

One of my last suits cost me 900€ but then again I needed a decent suit... It was the tie, belt and shirt that cost the most really the suit itself was 500 ish and the other 3 items cost a 100 a pop...

Thank god it still fits :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Little tip
    Go to mens shop and buy a shirt - ask them to throw in a tie for free.
    Go to suit shop buy a suit - ask them to throw in belt for free.

Saves you some money

• Advertisement

Normally I would but the tie was Hugo Boss so couldnt really! Same with the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Yeah but with a budget of 150 euro you aint buying no Hugo Boss tie.

Touche!

Use Kmicks tips.. You are better off if you can going into a mens shop rather than one of the high street chains as you can bargain a bit, maybe even get alterations for free etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

for that price i'd try M&S

It's really only to have for interviews, going out to dinner sometimes, that sort of thing. So the generally best advice I've received was to save it and buy a decent suit for the 4-500 mark (That comes after coffee with the sis) She says the only thing worse than a cheap suit, is a suit that looks cheap!

• Advertisement

Your sister is a smart woman, look after her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it's true. cheap suits look cheap. You still could get a good suit on the cheap though. I got a suit for half price at €149 last year in a renovation sale, probably the best buy i've ever got.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

M&S is the place to go for cheap-ish suits (before you graduate to Boss in BT).

The OH has a Boss suit (fantastic suit) but had to go to a funeral recently and didn't want to wear the Boss, so off with him to M&S. He got quite a decent black suit there that didn't break the bank and looked quite good.

Advertisement