Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Cooley

Options
  • 23-04-2008 1:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭

So did anyone see the fire?

It was crazy. It looked like it started on the Benagh side of the mountain and spread VERY quickly to the other side of the mountain. Then very close to peoples houses. I felt sorry for the fire brigade the closest they could get to it on Friday night looked like a mile (If not more) walk up the mountain.

Was it someone burning the gorse or someone acting the maggot with a lighter?

I couldn't imagine it was someone burning gorse with that wind.

Anyone hear anything about it? Pretty cool photo in the Argus with the helicopter reloading it water bombs.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I seen the smoke from across the bay. Apparently it was someone burning gorse, it just got out of control. I believe the Garda made at least one arrest over it.

Advertisement