Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Hotel

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭

Im coming to Carlow on Sunday I need a decent hotel, central, pool, and wifi and secure parking in hotel

anyone know some where that meets what I need?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

You should try having a look at the Seven Oaks on the Athy Road in Carlow is only 5 mins from town and has leisure centre beside it, not sure bout wifi though and have their own carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

yup, they got eircom wifi, to my knowledge.
    night security there is great, matt(i think his name is), lovely fella, but you wouldnt want to pass him.
    great bar in the seven oaks, dont a knock down good meal, ploughman, lasangne......the list is endless of good things in there on the bar menu thats great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

tech wrote: »
    Im coming to Carlow on Sunday I need a decent hotel, central, pool, and wifi and secure parking in hotel

or theres the talbot carlow, has a pool, parking, wifi afaik, although is a 10 minute walk 5 minute by taxi journey to town centre..

but that or seven oaks are your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Talbot is in Laois! :D Seven Oaks ftw! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

don1 has a point, it is in laois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Well if you have a car, The talbot is the better option in my opinion and experience... Wifi was there, at the very least a wired connection will be there, has a lovely pool, great food, etc etc :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Id go with the Seven Oaks, the Talbot is a good bit out. Its fine if you have a car and dont mind driving.

Dinn Ri, has no gym, no pool, not a whole lot in fact, but you get free admission to the foundry and only have to fall into the lift to go home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

tech wrote: »

As mentioned the 2 options are The Talbot or The Seven Oaks.

The only big difference is the Seven Oaks is walking distance to town and the Talbot is a short taxi ride.

I'd suggest that you compare prices of the 2 and make your decision then.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭fitzyshea

Talbot Talbot Talbot!

• Advertisement

There's three of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Don1 wrote: »
    There's three of them?

Yep.

Carlow, Wexford and Stillorgan Park

Touché