Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

puppy farming

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Help I came across this ad in the Buy and sell and its obvious its a puppy farm. Im going to contact the ISPCA first thing in the morning , Is there anything else that can be done ????
    Please no rants about puppy farming just helpful information and advice wanted.

Edit: copyrighted material removed. If you are going to quote an ad you must include a link to the original ad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

OMG that's terrible, and very obvious.... Correct me if I'm wrong, but are they actually breaking the law? If the ISPCA were to do a raid and find that the dogs are given shelter / food / water etc, can they actually do anything? Its horrible I know, but I don't think that there's a law against it? Extremely frowned upon, no doubt, but once people are handing over the cash, they'll continue to churn out the pups... :mad: Once there's a market and people willing to buy, there will always be puppy farmers. By all means, ring the ISPCA and get it checked out, don't really know who else you could turn to except maybe local rescues, but they wouldn't be able to stage a raid / inspection, would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

I would contact the RSPCA as the ISPCA might not have any jusidiction in a 0044 area.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Maybe they are a shelter? But it does seem suspisious that a place in the republic is giving a number from the north as a contact number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

I doubt any shelter would be selling pups or have purebred westie pups etc.

Idiots, they are so obvious, and they obviously let them cross-breed as well. ugh. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

there seems to be a hell of a lot of ads from that area using different 0044 numbers.And selling a variety of breeds i wonder are they the same people please call the ispca.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 crazy mam

most dog breeders, are regeistered and have better contact details than this, you should contact the ispca, be warned though these puppy farms are known to move around.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Maybe they are a shelter? But it does seem suspisious that a place in the republic is giving a number from the north as a contact number.
    I doubt they are a shelter. A shelter would not charge to re-home animals.

Advertisement