Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What colours suit me?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

I'm going to an important event which is formal, in a few weeks time. For this I need to buy a dress. I dont have any idea what colours suit me. I own a black dress which I wore at a Ball 2 weeks ago, which I dont want to wear so soon again. I know black suits me but I'm getting a lot of stick for wearing it so much but I dont know where to start when looking at dresses in other colours.
    I have very pale skin, but not on my face (I dont do fake tan so thats out of the question) and I've fair hair. I know bold colours like red or royal blue look ridiculous on me, so would anyone be able to help in suggesting what would suit me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Green goes well with blonde hair and blue eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

I know I like navy myself......

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭lisa_eire

i'v the same colouring and i found emerald green goes well. i got a nice green dress in coast for a wedding not so long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭co_co

gold is good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭wattsusieq

What about wine or a dark purple?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Gold is definately not a colour I could pull off!

I was considering a maroon colour or bottle green, I just wasnt sure if they'd suit my skin colour.

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/25202425 maroon dress
    http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/25220137 tie dye might be really nice with your colouring.
    http://xml.riverisland.com/flash/content.php I have seen this dress in the shop and its gorge material and a really pretty colour.

Have you considered a floral print? Warehouse have lots of different prints that are formal but can be worn again.

With light hair and skin a baby blue might be nice. Try to look at a few highstreet websites before you go shopping to get an idea of whats on offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

I've fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. Chocolate brown looks awesome on me. Either this or maybe try Emerald Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Unaton wrote: »
    I've fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. Chocolate brown looks awesome on me. Either this or maybe try Emerald Green?

I would have suggested Choclate brown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

dark brown or a green def.have a good night

• Advertisement

There are two completely different types of pale.
    I'm a yellow based pale. I can't wear light goldys, reds, pale pastelly coulours, light blues, white, pinks, peaches, anything neon.
    I look good in greens, teals, spicey earthy coulors, navy, the dark colours that suit everyone, plumy purples and electric blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I think brown or green are your best bet with you colouring..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Moonbaby wrote: »
    There are two completely different types of pale.
    I'm a yellow based pale. I can't wear light goldys, reds, pale pastelly coulours, light blues, white, pinks, peaches, anything neon.
    I look good in greens, teals, spicey earthy coulors, navy, the dark colours that suit everyone, plumy purples and electric blue.

I must be exactly the same as you as the colours you mention you can't wear are the same as mine.

I bought a dress today which is fabulous and is a mix of brown beige and cream. Hopefully it'll look well on the night. Thanks so much for your help everyone!

Advertisement