Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with dog poo ?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the disgusting topic but i'm wondering what do u do with it ? I've been putting it in the bin in bags but we only empty our bin every couple of weeks so it's not very hygenic keeping it there for that time. Anyone any ideas about what to do with it ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Is there such a thing as bio degradeable nappy bags you could use? Or you can get a dog loo thing that you bury a bit in the garden and pop to poops in it and you pour this stuff you get with it to help break it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I have a brown bin for compost type things and thats where my dogs poo goes, and my rotty poo's for ireland!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Or you can get a dog loo thing that you bury a bit in the garden and pop to poops in it and you pour this stuff you get with it to help break it down.
    Is this what you mean?

http://www.ecoshop.ie/proddetail.asp?prod=1234567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

I hear that they're only good for small dogs, and they can't handle the pressure from large dogs / multi-dog households and stop working!
    I have an area down the end of the garden thats fairly hidden and as far from the house as possible, so I just dig a great big hole, and bury the poo, changing locations every week or so. I don't know if thats ok to do, but don't have much of a choice with two big dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

cowzerp

No brown bin here so can't put it in that !

Guineapigrescue

Where do u get this dog loo ? And will it work for a medium size dog and is there any noticeable smell ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Flush it down the loo or the garden drains - no biggie there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Down the drains or in the bin with the household rubbish, Id advise against putting it in a compost bin as it destroys the compost itself since dogs eat meat and only organic stuff should be put in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

or fully concrete your garden and put a few drains around and get a power house!!!!! that way you dont even have to go near it!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

I pick it up (very often still warm:D) with nappy bags from Tesco -the blue ones don't smell quite as disgusting as the orange ones......Triple bag it so you cant actually see the sh1t, and chuck in the kitchen bin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Do you have a hedge or a big shrub/plant etc with alot of leaves?
    If you do you are in luck.
    I shovel my dogs droppings onto and around the base of the hedge.
    Its very effective because the foliage of the hedge conceals the poo completly,nobody can smell it and the manure provides rich humous for the soil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 jenjo23

We just put it in our wheelie bin, collected once a week :D

Advertisement