Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The birds and the bees...

Options
  • 22-04-2008 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

I am currently minding a dog for a couple. have my own 3 dogs all girls. 2 of them are greyhounds and live in the kennels and the 3rd is a small house dog. The dog i am minding (a boy) is constantly following my house dog sniffing her and trying to mount her. Is there any way i can make him desist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Is he neutered? if he is he's just been dominant and saying i own here!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

no he isnt but my dog is spayed. shes old and quiet but i cant keep them in the same room.

anyone have any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just tell him "No!" and shove him away if you have to.

Your house, your rules .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

How come your greys have to live in the kennels? are they not housepets too?

I'd say get the owners of the other dog to neuter him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,293 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Kennel time?

Greyhound don't live in the kennel because there not house pets they were racing but are retired now.

Ive tried telling him no but he follows her everywhere doesnt leave her for a second if i have them together

And Im not asking the other owners to neture their dog i only have him to mind for a week.

Any other way i can make him stop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

You said they did live in the kennel? Greyhounds are great, clean pets so I don't know why you don't have them in the house.

anyway..... maybe just keep him seperate and if he starts again say NO firmly. You could suggest to the owners to get him neutered anyway as it is best for the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

Greyhound don't live in the kennel because there not house pets they were racing but are retired now.

Ive tried telling him no but he follows her everywhere doesnt leave her for a second if i have them together

And Im not asking the other owners to neture their dog i only have him to mind for a week.

Read this again kerrysgold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

The poor greyhounds. All they want in life is a couch.

• Advertisement

Tell him "no" like you mean it and if he still doesn't listen, show him that you mean it by separating him for a while.

The greyhounds are prefectly happy they have a run get a long walk every day. the kennels has comfortable bedding, a sink, tv, radio, electricity, lighting, heating, a magnetic therpy unit which is basically massage for dogs. trust me they live better than we do so i dont want to get into a big debate about it.

I tried the no thing but thankfully my dog has started growling at the pup when he tries it so hes not too bad still following her everywere but shes sticking up for herself

the kennels has comfortable bedding, a sink, tv, radio, electricity, lighting, heating, a magnetic therpy unit which is basically massage for dogs.

Do they fight over the remote ? :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Sounds like the greys have the life of riley, many greys get put to sleep or worse after they retire sounds like these are lucky to have a good owner.

Off topic but what kind of way do you find is best to heat kennels and safest way to heat them? Any info on the magnet therapy sounds interesting.

The kennel building has radiators (not in the actual kennel) but in the winter we put dog coats on them.

Will try to find the website for the magnotherapy

Advertisement