Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to compare prices

Options
  • 22-04-2008 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Couple of weeks ago i had a bad fall which damaged my teeth. I chipped one of my front teeth and the bang killed off both of them.

I've being to the dentist and need to get root canals and crowns on both of them.

I thought the root canals were priced ok at €320 each but the crowns were priced at €850 each.

I thought crowns would have being around the €400 mark. Is this price normal or has anybody else got a better price for getting the same work done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rebel3

I got prices for crowns recently, which were more expensive. And I also had temp crowns priced separately as well. I think the price I got was 1,250 per crown !

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

Rebel3 wrote: »
    I got prices for crowns recently, which were more expensive. And I also had temp crowns priced separately as well. I think the price I got was 1,250 per crown !

Thats steep €850 doesn't sound that bad now.

Do you what percent you can claim back on tax? Is it 20% or 41% depending what tax bracket your in or is it just around 40%? I've being hearing different things from different people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rebel3

From what I understand, the rate at which you can claim a refund does depend on your upper tax bracket. The revenue.ie site has all the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

If you're anywhere around the Dublin area, or further north, look at giving dentists in the North a call. Somewhere like Newry which is where I go. I've always found them to be excellent, efficient and a lot cheaper than the rip off prices here.

You have to go private, but IMO it's worth a phone call at least. Then you can do your sums and decide what to do.

Advertisement