Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google ads and airsoft.

Options
  • 22-04-2008 3:10pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all ,
    just got a nasty message from google to say that the ad for corkairsoftshop.com has fallen foul of their censor on the grounds of the site referring to "firearms and ammunition".

I sent them back a message , directing them to the relevant acts in Irish Law.

Retailers , anyone else had this hassle ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

BS, google's advertising system throws up shoot.ie for all types of searches. That's a site that sells actual firearms and ammunition over the internet, in Ireland.

Maybe google just has ignorant anti-gun types working for it, as does any place, who use their position to promote their own malignant agenda?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

should be just a matter of pointing out to them that airsoft is very much not related to firearms and ammunition :)

maybe they should search for some information online about what airsoft is... if only there were some form of searching website where you could type in a word and get back relevant websites from the internet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

horgan_p wrote: »
    Hey all ,
    just got a nasty message from google to say that the ad for corkairsoftshop.com has fallen foul of their censor on the grounds of the site referring to "firearms and ammunition".

I sent them back a message , directing them to the relevant acts in Irish Law.

Retailers , anyone else had this hassle ?

Yeah....It took me a week of threats and angry emails before it was resolved.
    They kicked it upstairs to some review panel or other, and eventually got back to me.

I sent them screenshots of google searches with the MIA, DW2 and other airsoft retailers adverts. I also threatened them with legal action on the grounds of unfair trade practices, although I'm sure that didn't bother them too much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

tell them to google airsoft :P

ironic that employees for a search engine making these ill informed comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Shiva wrote: »
    Yeah....It took me a week of threats and angry emails before it was resolved.
    They kicked it upstairs to some review panel or other, and eventually got back to me.

I sent them screenshots of google searches with the MIA, DW2 and other airsoft retailers adverts. I also threatened them with legal action on the grounds of unfair trade practices, although I'm sure that didn't bother them too much :)

cheers tony , i wont let them grind me down so then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Any time I search for anything airsoft related I see ads for Eirsoft or MIA
    pop up.

shoot.ie is Duffys in Galway. Excellent Customer service
    for your real steel firearm needs.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

OP, can you drop me a PM if it was an actual person you were in contact with? May be able to have a word...

Advertisement