Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis racket

Options
  • 22-04-2008 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi. Am thinking of taking up tennis in the next few weeks. I have never played before and am looking for info in relation to rackets. What would be a reasonably good racket for a beginner or what price should I be paying. Should I just go into Elverys or somewhere like that and pick any racket up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

If its handy for you to get to Fitzwilliam Tennis Club, or David Lloyd, then go to the shops there. The people who work there will be able to give you much better advice than anyone in Elverly's is likely to be able to give. They often have second hand racquets too, so that could save you even more. Don't pay any more than €50, if even that. Until you start playing, you really have no idea what your style is going to be like, and once you do start to develop one, you will most likely end up changing the racquet to one that suits better (unless you got very lucky with your first choice!) A racquet with a large head (about 110 sq. inches) will probably be best as they have the largest sweet spot and are more forgiving, so you can usually get balls back over the net even if your technique isn't the best.

Advertisement