Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Records

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how easy it is to request your dental records?

I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed by surgical extraction nearly 2 years ago now, horrific experience.....anyway, I'm now planning to head up North to get some dental work done, I don't think I need any fillings, but I probably need a brace to straighten them up and I want to get them fixed up in general.

Anyway, would it be benefical to have my records with me from the dental hospital, is there no need?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Hi,

There would be no need for new dentist to have your previous records as the previous dentist would have to keep them himself.

Plus a new dentist would have to take up to date x rays etc so they would be of no benefit to new dentist...and they'd know exactly what work was done by looking in your mouth and at x rays...

suzie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ultravid

You can request to see your records, as is your right, but they will charge you, probably somewhere in the region of $1.5 million. (I'm in a bad mood with dentists, having been recently fleeced myself for a check-up costing £55.00.)

Advertisement