Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anschutz Tread Pitch

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Lads,

Does any one know what the tread pitch is on the allen head bedding bolts for the Annie 1913 into the Alu stock??

Its the M5 X 12 bolts.

Just sheard 2 of them :mad: and need to source pretty fast.

Cheers

Bernard

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Are you sure that it's an M5? I thought they were M6.

Anyhow, here are some bits from another forum I read. They might be a start.

M5:
    Anschutz bedding bolts are ( I think ) M5 x 0.5 pitch.

M6:
    the bedding bolts are a M6 x 0.75mm
    All of Model 54 action rifles 14 series, 18 series 19 series etc. have, I believe, the same bolt diameter and thread pitch viz: M6 x 0.75 (thread pitch). It is this thread pitch that’s cause the problem – it is very rare. The length of the bolts between the Anschutz models does vary – mine are approx 40mm and 30 mm long with 20mm and 19mm threaded. The bolts on my new alloy stocked 1913 are exactly the same diameter and thread pitch but they are much shorter. Indeed I have used my old action in the alloy stock so I know the latest bedding screws do fit the old action.

Hopefully that'll get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

0.75 bernard (they're actually M6x0.75x14 bolts according to the manual)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Hassets ( 061 227577 ) down in Limerick usually have/can get anything in the line of bolts/nuts etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

bernard93 wrote: »
    Lads,

Does any one know what the tread pitch is on the allen head bedding bolts for the Annie 1913 into the Alu stock??

Its the M5 X 12 bolts.

Cheers

Bernard

You could try Tucks Fasteners in Finglas if you're in a hurry. They have a fair selection of bolts, machine screws etc.

You'll find directions for them on the net.

And there's a hardware store just out on pearse street as well and one up near the junction between baggot street and stephens green.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

Cheers Lads,

I always thought they were M5 not M6. I will drop into the hardware shop in Belfast on my way home.

Thanks again.

Bernard:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭fat-tony

bernard93 wrote: »

I hope you have luck sourcing them, but I'm surprised that you sheared the original bolts. The torque recommended is only 5 Newtons, which is not significant pressure. Older manuals for the Anschutz show a photo of the Allen key supplied with the rifle. It has two "bends" in the longer leg of the key. You place your finger onto one or the other (depending on the barrel) and use the weight of the rifle to tighten the bolt. I just purchased an 1813 barrel with a 2213 alu stock and used a torque wrench to bed the action. I was actually surprised at how little torque you need to apply to get 5 Newtons of pressure on the bolts.

I seem to remember it being 7 newtons for the alu stock (but that may be for the 2013 action). But it would be odd for them to shear from that - perhaps they were old?

Walther guys said 4.5nm for a KK200 was optimal.

But if you are shearing the bolts, thats far too much pressure!

Sparks wrote: »
    I seem to remember it being 7 newtons for the alu stock (but that may be for the 2013 action). But it would be odd for them to shear from that - perhaps they were old?

Greetings new (and previous) mod :D
    I did a bit of digging around and there seems to be a consensus that 6.5 Newton metres is appropriate for a 1913 barrel in a 2213 stock. Either way - you need to use a torque wrench;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Is that the right action though? The OP said he sheared 'two of them' and the only action that has more than two bedding bolts is the 2013 or 2313 'square' action which has four.

It seems to be in the ballpark whether it's the square (2013) action with four bolts or the round action with two. I read on "benchrest central" where a poster tried different torques from 3 - 6 Nm and got best results at 4 Nm. The wooden stock recommendation from the Anschutz manual is 5Nm, couldn't find one for the alu stock. The OP mentioned a 1913 barrel - doesn't that only have two bedding bolts? Anyway, it's obviously one method of tuning a barrel by experimenting with torque settings - providing you don't over-torque:eek:

Advertisement