Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punchestown

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, heading to punchestown on saturday for my fiances birthday and have no idea what to wear. I assume it's a dressy day, but how dressy? LBD dressy or "I'm going to a wedding" dressy. I have very few clothes and abso no cash at the moment to get myself a new outfit. It would be great to get away with a pair of jeans but I don't want to look like I didn't make an effort, there's a large group of us going, but I think there is only one other girl :(

Any tips on what to wear?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ladies day is generally a dressy affair, can you borrow something from a friend maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

xzanti wrote: »
    Ladies day is generally a dressy affair, can you borrow something from a friend maybe?
    How dressy? cocktail type dressy? I dont know about borrowing from a friend, if I had more of an idea of the style of dress I should be looking for I could start ringing around :o

I think this is the kind of style you'd be looking at ld7tx7.jpg

Nooooooooo, why oh why would i have to wear a bird on my head! Is there anything I could get away with thats a bit less dressy. I spend my life outside work in ripped jeans, that would be a huge jump for me!

Ah yeah, I'd say you'd get away with a nice trouser suit or a dress.. I think ^ that is pretty much the barr though, isn't there a prize for the best dressed or something like that, lots of competition going on but if you're not into that I suppose something a little bit lower key would be more suitable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

xzanti wrote: »
    Ladies day is Friday.

OP why not try your luck at the most glamorous couple on the Saturday.
    The fashion stakes will continue to soar on the Festival Saturday, April 26th when the legendary TV Couple, Larry and Linda return to judge the Newbridge Silverware Most Glamorous Couple Competition.

The winners of Newbridge Silverware Most Glamorous Couple Competition will jet off on the holiday of a lifetime valued at over €20k, to the world famous 5 Star Sandy Lane Hotel in Barbados sponsored by Ballymore.
    While second placed couples will win € 10,000 worth of Newbridge Silverware.

HEHE my O/H would rather go in his undies than dress glamourously. I would love the chance to dress him up (and myself of course) but I think I will have a hard enough time getting him into a suit for our wedding never mind for a day at the races!

Should i rule out...
    LBD?
    Anything above the knee?

Oh I have no idea, I don't wanna go looking like a pleb! Have been before but it wasn't for an occasion so I really dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

hey,

i work at a racecourse and we had our ladies day a few weeks ago. the girl who actually won it was dressed head 2 toe in highstreet fashion. theres such a mix on ladies day from typical coctail dresses below the knee to dresses right up to peoples a***'s :) in my opinion knee lenghth is far more classy looking and if your wearin heels make sure you can actually walk in them..the sights i seen this year amazed me! also a dressy mid length jacket you can leave open would be ideal as its usually freezing! i would say dress up..a little black dress themed with nice shoes and assesories can look just as good as a million dollar one off piece..think classy and you will be fine!

i know andrea roche is doing some of the judging..she generally seems to keep to plaina nd simple rather than wow!

hope i have been of some help..and ur your going for a hat dont over do it..river island actually have an intrestin lime green one for bout 40 quid mite be an idea to go with your dress so your not splashin the cash too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The OP is going Saturday, Ladies Day is Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

id say dont go in jeans but a nice trouser suit or a lbd as long as it was at knee length id say you would freeze if it was any higher. dress it up with bright shoes/ accessories that you wouldnt have to spend a fortune on.have a good day.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, LBD it is then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lausie

Im going to the couples day on saturday aswell with my boyfriend. I would love to go OTT but wouldnt have the neck to!! :)
    Im wearing a dress to the knee that is black and has some pink on it and my boyfriend is going to match that with his suit.
    We are not going for the competition of winning as we will not be dressed up well enough for that id imagine...although ive just checked out the prices there and it would be well worth winning!!!!

Have a great day on saturday...lets hope the weather is good! ;)

Advertisement