Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nuisance calls

Options
  • 22-04-2008 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

This may not be the correct forum for this question..... so mods feel free to move it to where ever you think is more appropriate.

I've been getting regular calls over the past few days to my landline. Sometimes the caller id is on, sometimes it's off. When I answer the call there is no one there. When I call the number back it rings through to a voice message saying "this eircom customer has not activated their answering service" (or something similar). The funny thing is the caller has started ringing my mobile number which is only known by a few people as it is not my regular mobile. So I don't give the number out.

The number ringing me is an 057 number which is a long way from where I live and don't know anyone in this area.

Does anyone have a similar experience with calls from an 057 number. Maybe you might know if this is a call centre number, or some such.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

If you're with Eircom try ringing the malicious calls office on 1800475475. they'll basically just make sure the source of the calls isn't something like a fax machine trying to get through and if its something more serious they'll pass it on to the guards.

if you're still having trouble pm me

Advertisement