Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting project !

Options
  • 22-04-2008 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hello All.
    To celebrate 100 years of scouting in Ireland, I have to run a project around number 100. The scouts I am working with are the wee ones, age 7, and I was looking to plant 100 something’s around the scout den.
    Any ideas what I can plant at this time of year, Daffodils maybe. Taken that these will be planted into rough ground by kids, rough handling is a given !!! Any ideas ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Miniature Gladioli bulbs are available for planting now to flower August/September accordingly.... Planting miniature Gladioli.
    Mcgaughs, Dangan, Horkans, all these garden centres should have stock in Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Has to be sunflowers surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭renmorescout

Thanks Guys, I will be heading to the Garden center this weekend and I will get some bulbs. I would love to plant 100 Sunflowers, but a bit limited by space. But we did, of course, plant sunflower seeds in little plastic cups !!
    Some things never change. and thats good !!! thanks again.

Advertisement