Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quitting during probation period.

Options
  • 22-04-2008 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still in my probationary period in my new job. I know that during the probation a company can let you go without notice. What's the option for an employee?

The job really isn't for me, I'm in way over my head but if I give notice there's going to be a lot of bad feeling. Quitting without notice would also obviously cause a lot of bad feeling but at least it would be a clean break for me.

I have plenty of savings so pay isn't a problem. They've sent me on training which I'll have to pay for. I know it would be burning bridges with this company but I'm not doing my career any favours by staying either.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭smiler26

Read your contract - that'll have the answer. It MIGHT say you need to give 1 weeks notice, but having said that, it's not enforcable. I wouldn't be using them as a reference in the future either.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

What are the problems? Could you attempt to resolve them first.

Advertisement