Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any handy walk-in shops for camo?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any handy places in or around dublin where i could walk in to pick up some decent camo? hoping to get some before the weekend so dont want to order online :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

stay away from army bargins in dublin ,his prices are rather high for camo,
    dont need camo to have fun:D

not being funny have you tried pennys for camo or olive drab gear works great in all enviroments and cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

I got 'combats' in Penneys - €19 and not too shabby. On Fownes st, someone suggested trying there in the clothes shops there, and low and behold they have 2nd hand Dutch army jackets there for €40 (can be bargained to less). The new ones are €60 which is a bit much, I reckon, the trousers are the same, and not actually better quality than the Penneys version.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

MIA and Eirsoft stock proper camo., im not sure about the newer retailers like go tactical etc, they might have some aswell.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Indeed GoTactical also sell BDU's and cammo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ive bought a few pieces in an army store up at the to end of henry st ( past toymaster) and i found them very well priced....

was in recently buying dogtags, and just had a goo and stuff seemed cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

as Gatling said penny IS an option...
    best off sticking with the actual airsoft shops tho as the price is about the same as pennys...
    all the shops are good although go tactical probably has the most selection in sizes at the mo?
    they do have that knock off flecktarn which is almost luminous...yuck!:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Oglon93

I would recommend http://flecktarn.co.uk/ they are very helpful i got my camo in 2 days and its good quility kit so you might be able to get it for the weekend it just depends on the item I suppose.I know its not a walk in as you wanted but its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

There's a Shop in the Curragh Camp thats pretty good cant remember the name .....:confused:

+1 flecktarn.co.uk great service have gotten a good few bits off them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Another good place is the "Egar Beaver" in temple bar.
    Tons of Olive drab/woodland/DPM and green combats-jackets-jumpers-shirts.
    Nice and cheap.
    And best of all lots of lovely old German gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

ive bought a few pieces in an army store up at the to end of henry st ( past toymaster) and i found them very well priced....

was in recently buying dogtags, and just had a goo and stuff seemed cheap enough.

Army Bargains, or the camping shop place?

Army Bargains don't always live up to the name, but they can be open to negotiation. I dunno though, I've been a bit reluctant to buy from them since they started stocking stuff with swastikas on it. And not "historical interest" type swastika stuff, neither.

Another good place is the "Egar Beaver" in temple bar.
    Tons of Olive drab/woodland/DPM and green combats-jackets-jumpers-shirts.
    Nice and cheap.
    And best of all lots of lovely old German gear.

anymore info on this mate?
    im from the area but i dont know the place so might check it out.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

directly behind the central bank facing the first shop on the left if your coming from dame st,
    or if your coming across the hapenny bridge come through the arch ,and its the last shop on the right before central bank

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Like gatling said,

Its beside "Pal Joeys" and across from "Eamonn Dorans"

oh right, i know eamon dorans and all, theres a skate kinda shop there too isnt there? is it easy to see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

hoplite wrote: »
    There's a Shop in the Curragh Camp thats pretty good cant remember the name .....:confused:

+1 flecktarn.co.uk great service have gotten a good few bits off them.

Thats Protac in the Curragh Camp. Bit expensive but it is all good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Thats Protac in the Curragh Camp. Bit expensive but it is all good stuff.

Do they have a website? I hear about Protec but can't find any on the net.

vtec wrote: »
    oh right, i know eamon dorans and all, theres a skate kinda shop there too isnt there? is it easy to see?

Its just a little further up from the skate shop , on the corner.
    You cant miss it really.

oh i know that shop., i never go in though, it looks like the kinda shop that'll be full of EMO's and stare at ya weird if you a normal person going in., :D

must check it out though.,:) nice one man.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Couldnt find a website for them but this is the conrtact number for them afaik

Protac Ltd.
    Curragh
    Tel: 045 441798

If there is anything specific you are looking for I can drop into them for pricings and any othe info you need. They are fairly close to me.

• Advertisement

i never go in though, it looks like the kinda shop that'll be full of EMO's and stare at ya weird if you a normal person going in., :D

Thats the place alright , can attract a few weirdos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Eamonn Dorans...Kip...Emos...Hate em they ruined temple bar...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Aw, don't fear the emos. They're a tolerant, gentle people, who only pose a threat to themselves. Save your precious hatred for the stag party arseholes. At least emos won't vomit on you, and then try to hug you buy way of apology.

Ugh.

Bad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There's a shop full of emo's and noone told me???????????

People, come on, you know what I like at this stage.

LOL., sorry dex, should have mentioned it earlier., :D
    although you just have to go to the central bank or subway to see them living their miserable mis understood lives.,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

see them living their miserable mis understood lives.,:D

Goddamnit... I want one...

Last time i was in subway there was like 5 of them at a table only one eating subway, that pi$$ed me off no end, anyway this isn't an emo thread...

Camo, it's useful

Aw, don't fear the emos. They're a tolerant, gentle people, who only pose a threat to themselves. Save your precious hatred for the stag party arseholes. At least emos won't vomit on you, and then try to hug you buy way of apology.

Ugh.

Bad times.
    I don't fear em i just dislike em, aint nothing worse than being puked on though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Anyone have a recommendation for a walk-in place for boots? I don't wear them normally so I'm not in the humour to fork over a hundred quid for a pair of docs just for airsofting :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

flecktarn are brilliant army bargains are very not brilliant but they have good boots
    boots need to be tried on
    its very complicated
    leathal bullet found some good magnum copies i think

Advertisement