Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Fusion razor and blades in Tesco

Options
  • 21-04-2008 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Pack with Gillette Fusion manual (not the buzzy battery ones) razor and six blades (two with razor, plus a four-pack) marked half price in Tesco, Douglas, Cork yesterday. Scanned in at €12.98.

I'm no expert when it comes to razor prices, but him indoors reckons it's a good deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Anyone know if the manual blades will fit the Battery Fusions ?
    If so then it'd be worth buying it just for the 6 blades

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Seen these in Semi-chem in Newry last weekend at £7.99 so at current rates thats around € 10.00 probably worth stocking up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Anyone know if the manual blades will fit the Battery Fusions ?
    If so then it'd be worth buying it just for the 6 blades

I've not tried to use the normally branded ones but according to the FAQ on the Gillette website:
    Q: Will the Gillette Fusion cartridge fit any other razors on the market?
    A: The Gillette Fusion cartridge features a new blade that only fits on a Gillette Fusion or Gillette Fusion Power Stealth handle.

So I'd say yes... they look the same to me anyway, except one had a blue bit and the other has an orange bit... in fact I doubt if they're different at all and I'd be sure that the "mircopulses" or whatever they are work exactly the same on all Fusion carts, they're just packaged differently to squeeze extra money out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭tadgh

Have tried these blades in a Gillette Fusion Power handle & they seem to work OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

ash_kay wrote: »
    Pack with Gillette Fusion manual (not the buzzy battery ones) razor and six blades (two with razor, plus a four-pack) marked half price in Tesco, Douglas, Cork yesterday. Scanned in at €12.98.

I'm no expert when it comes to razor prices, but him indoors reckons it's a good deal.

That's not bad but am I the only one that finds it a pain in the arse that in order to get cheap blades you have to keep buying the razors as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭turly

Use www.shave.com to order your razors.

Choose to order in dollars because their euro currency conversion is utterly craptacular.

Eg - Gillette Mach 3 razor blades (8 pack) cost:
    Sterling 7.99 - $11.99 - Euro 14.38

which correspond to 10 euro, 7.50, and 14.38 respectively.

Postage is fairly reasonable if you order a bunch of stuff. Note that if you do order in dollars, some stuff is "unavailable in the US" even if you're not actually shipping the order to the US. It's always been posted to me from the UK, so I'm not sure what's going on there - probably licencing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

tadgh wrote: »
    Have tried these blades in a Gillette Fusion Power handle & they seem to work OK.

They're just a different colour - otherwise identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ash_kay

I've also seen these packs in Dunnes for €12.99.

Gillette must be trying to get a few new customers before they up the price of the blades.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Or they're coming out with a new Gilette Fusion Power Excel model (all the kool kids will have it, you should too).

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭walshs3

Have seen these again in tesco tullamore if anyone didnt get them last time around,six blades plus razor for 12.99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Drakar wrote: »
    Or they're coming out with a new Gilette Fusion Power Excel model (all the kool kids will have it, you should too).

Sadly it's true, I've never felt consciously compelled to act a certain way or dress a certain way or view anything a certain way....except all the new gen razors... I need to have the latest one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

This deal is available again in Health Express Artaine Castle branch

Fusion Rason with 6 blades 12.95

An eight pack of blades only sells for Eur34 next door in Tesco.

Advertisement