Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marino Colaiste Mhuire

Options
  • 21-04-2008 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Could anyone tell me the 'hours' for a typical day at Marino, please.

Typical college day hours if you could, I will be commuting and wondering if its do-able or will I be shattered. My commute is about 60kms each way.

Probably sounds like a daft question but I've been so used to school starts at 9 & finishes at 3:50, I just would like to know what I am in for.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

You're in for fun, believe me! I'm currently in 1st year. I commute every day from South Dublin, about 20km a day. Takes roughly an hour and 20 minutes to get here.

Where about are you coming from? That's a hell of a commute.

You will be completely exhausted and I would really recommend you get a place on campus (which are really nice btw!).

Monday, we're in Trinity and we start at 10. We finish at 6 but have a 5 hour lunch from 11-4.

Tuesdays - Thursday/Friday, you're in Marino. In the first term, on Fridays, you're on 'Taithi Scoile' or observation in the primary school you will be doing your Teaching Practice in.

Generally Tuesdays are the longest days. Anything from 9am to 6pm.
    Half day Wednesday, from 9am to 1pm.
    Thursdays are half days in the first term and full days in the 2nd term. Anything from 9am to 6pm.
    Fridays, when you're not on observation are 9am to 12pm

Hope that's clear enough.

I'll send you a copy of our VERY CONFUSING timetable if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 diamonds&cream

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I would love a copy of the timetable, can you PM it to me.

Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ellie77

anyone out there starting first year in marino..?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Yep :D

Advertisement