Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB Memory Stick

Options
  • 21-04-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I don,t know if im in the right thread but I would appreciate any help. I have a memory stick with a fair bit of information on it. THe problem is that since the other day every time I plug it in the computer tells me that the stick has to be formatted. I was wondering if there was any way of getting the information back.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭10-10-20

You need to get drive recovery software.
    I believe OnTrack do a very good suite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 fatheadsgt

Thanks for your help I'll try that

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I got the same guff off windows XP this morning when I used a card reader. Are you using a card reader? I stuck the card in my PSP and hooked that up via USB and presto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Joanamo

I have the same problem. Is there any freeware software that can at least reformat the memory? I get a reformat message, but then it cannot do it.

J

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Joanamo wrote: »
    I have the same problem. Is there any freeware software that can at least reformat the memory? I get a reformat message, but then it cannot do it.

J
    The USB stick could also be broken, although to confirm this try in other pcs first, if it works in others and can be formated it could be that pc is the issiue

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement