Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SR25-where/how to get one?

Options
  • 21-04-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭

Okay, heres the issue,
    im looking at getting an SR25(thank you very much Rainbow Six Vegas 2:p)
    im having issues finding one at anything that resembles a sane price,or even finding one,
    heres what im looking for exactly:
    http://www.classicarmy.com/product-popup.jsp?productid=764

I know that you can buy an SPR cheaply enough, but having looked at the details this is a completley different animal,ie:
    The spr's that ive seen have a standard m16/m4 reciever for 5.56mm round while the SR25(CA25) has a completley different reciever(for 7.62 round) and is much cooler imo,(theres also the one touch silencer,very important)

Does ANYONE know of if one of these can be got anywhere(not necesserily a CA,chances are i couldnt afford CA anyway)
    Im thinking has anyone heard/know of any clones in the works/already available,

After seeing this gun, theres just no way an SPR could suffice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

you have a few options (spr is a name used in real life for 1 rifile then taken over as a term to describe a number of DMR , and in airsoft its used left right and centre to make things seem special and fancy )

G&G - M15 Special Purpose Rifle http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_29&products_id=151

CA - CA25
    http://www.classicarmy.com/search.jsp# (bottom of the page)

A&K (WAY over the 1j will need downgrading for import )
    http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=ANK-AEG-SR25_srch_1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Killinator

thanks puding,
    im enquiring about a downgrade for the a&k,
    i had just spotted it on rsov but they dont downgrade,
    i had seen the g&g but its got a different flash hider/barrel,
    fingers twisted in knots hoping i can get a downgrade

$472 dollars-300euros, it would want to have free shipping for that much,lol!
    ive enquired about the downgrade from wgc, so i should have an awnser in about 2-3 weeks:D

thanks for your help, never would have found it anytime soon otherwise

wgc normally will get back to you in about 24 hours, the the prices of the g&g and CA are for great bits of kit, everything cnced no casting great finish well worth the cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Killinator wrote: »
    Okay, heres the issue,
    im looking at getting an SR25(thank you very much Rainbow Six Vegas 2:p)
    im having issues finding one at anything that resembles a sane price,or even finding one,
    heres what im looking for exactly:
    http://www.classicarmy.com/product-popup.jsp?productid=764

I know that you can buy an SPR cheaply enough, but having looked at the details this is a completley different animal,ie:
    The spr's that ive seen have a standard m16/m4 reciever for 5.56mm round while the SR25(CA25) has a completley different reciever(for 7.62 round) and is much cooler imo,(theres also the one touch silencer,very important)

Does ANYONE know of if one of these can be got anywhere(not necesserily a CA,chances are i couldnt afford CA anyway)
    Im thinking has anyone heard/know of any clones in the works/already available,

After seeing this gun, theres just no way an SPR could suffice

Firstly, well spotted on the reciever being entirely different to the cheapy wannabe SR25's.
    G&G do an absolute beast of an SR25 which I bought from Eirsoft about 5 months ago. It's easily one of the best purchases I've made. I left a review of it in the review section and there's some photo's there too.
    There's a few things to watch for when looking for an SPR I've found but I'm about to run out the door to training so I'll have to cliffhanger end this post and explain them when I get back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Puding wrote: »
    wgc normally will get back to you in about 24 hours, the the prices of the g&g and CA are for great bits of kit, everything cnced no casting great finish well worth the cash

I dont think theres any doubt as to the quality you get for the price..... Having held the G&G version in eirsoft's store, the qualities a given.
    But I believe hes wants to be able to afford food aswell as the gun,lol.:p

food .....overrated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

:):):):)

Puding wrote: »
    food .....overrated :)

It is..........it really is!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Alright, here's the skinny. Couple of things to look out for on all SR25's.

1) They're not all CNC machined. The G&G one is but as far as I know the G&P one has a CNC RAS only and the CA one doesn't have CNC parts at all. If it does (I know there's been a few new versions of the CA one) then it's only the RAS again.

2) 7.62 mags are a pain to get. Noone does them (apart from Eirsoft now that I've pleaded with Tony enough for him to keep them stocked). They're also a bit on the odd side as regards options.
    G&G (by far the best SPR on the market) only do Lo-Caps (50 round short mags) and Hi-Caps (370 round long mags).
    CA have Hi-Caps (470 round long mags), I've heard they have mid caps (120 round long mags) but I've yet to see them.
    G&P do Hi-Caps (400 round long mags) and mid-caps (100 round long mags).

The reason I'm saying this is because the long mags are a lot easier to change, but the midcaps don't rattle (something I'd regard as fairly vital on a marksmans rifle). The problem is that the mags are not cross compatible. If you don't mind hi-caps though, you're laughing.

3) It's heavy and long, they all are, it takes some getting used to. Invest in a decent bipod.

4) I've read that some of the CA versions have auto. The others are semi only (true to the RS version).

5) If you want a silencer for it (God knows why you'd want it longer), you're not gonna get one compatible with the G&G version that I've yet found. G&G did their own special SPR silencer to fit over that gnarly flash hider like the real thing but it seems to have disappeared.

Apart from that, its a personal choice.

I've been using mine for some time now and I love it, easily my most used rifle and definitely my most accurate and long reaching. I wouldn't trade it for anything out there right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

NakedDex wrote: »
    2) 7.62 mags are a pain to get. Noone does them (apart from Eirsoft now that I've pleaded with Tony enough for him to keep them stocked

5) If you want a silencer for it (God knows why you'd want it longer

Go-tactical do both

I've never been to the store to see, but they're not on their website (link if they are?). And unless I've put rounds through my G&G SR25 with one of these mags, then I would be sceptical of whether they'd work or not.

As I mentioned, there are other brands doing the SR25, as well as the SR15 which some clone companies are claiming to be an SR25 but use STANAG VN mags and have auto ability. The mags from these other brands do not work in the G&G SR25 (I have a CA and a G&P mag in my parts box that I've tried to no avail, even with some modifications they don't feed). STANAG VN mags are what are packaged with some of the clone SR15's and are not the correct size.
    Also, SR25 mags don't work in any other AEG (hence why they're hard to get) and I don't see one of those rifles on the site so I'm not sure why he'd have the mags on their own. Especially given that the only person with the G&G one at the moment is me. The other one is still on the wall in Eirsoft.

Edit: Also, the problem isn't getting G&G magazines, it's getting a lowcap or midcap, long type magazine that is compatible with the G&G reciever.

As for the silencer, the G&G flash hider carries a 22mm CW(+) thread for the silencer attachement. This is entirely unlike the 14mm CCW(-) thread for normal silencers. G&P do a QD silencer that, again, only works on their rifle and I believe CA have modified the flash hider to take 14mm CCW instead. There are also "SPR-Type" flash hiders available for other rifles which have a standard 14mm CCW thread and will fit the CA models, but not the others.
    Clone SR15's also can use QD silencers that come packaged with them.

If he does have these items, however, I stand to be corrected and would happily call out to pick up a silencer.

thats alot of info there, thanks
    im definitely gonna get a proper sr25, not an sr25 wannabe with a 5.56 receiver,
    i want a long rifle and am prepared for the consequences of carrying one after holding the g&g version in eirsoft,
    simply put this gun is the sh*t and damn what the armalite haters say:D

Too bloody right mate. She's a beauty once you're used to her.

One thing I forgot to mention, she's tuned to use a 9.6v large battery, not a standard 8.4v large. She'll run on an 8.4v, but the anti reversal latch tends to lock in quite a bit if you use it. 9.6v large is what I'm running in it. I've read it'll take a 10.8v without any modification but given it's a semi, the extra motor speed that would produce isn't neccessary, she turns fast enough as she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Well I'm 90% sure they do QD silencers and have sr-25 mags of some kind

Dboys do a rifle they call the SR25 but it's actually an SR16 using STANAG VN mags. These mags are 5.56 so they'll fit M4's and the like but they look a little different to the regualr STANAG mags in that their straight rather than curved.

The QD silencers only fit the G&P version. I believer a version of the QD silencer fits the CA version too but I'm not 100% on this because I don't know their bore size.

The QD silencer for the CA wont fit the G&G version, the CA25(SR25) has a different barrel(with no flash hider attached) which allows the silencer to fit over easily, this wont fit the G&G version becasue of the G&G's different barrel with flash hider,
    At least to the best of my knowledge.

Advertisement