Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor donkey's

Options
  • 21-04-2008 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

o my Gawd :eek:
    I saw two donkey's today that were STARVED looking and scabby, near Roscommon. Is there a refugee they should be reported to or the gardas or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

o my Gawd :eek:
    I saw two donkey's today that were STARVED looking and scabby, near Roscommon. Is there a refugee they should be reported to or the gardas or what?
    take photos of the donkeys and report it to rspca or a animal warden.Guardi i dont really think so as they may help or could be wasting police time i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

As said if you can take photos, and then give them and the location to the SPCA to check it out here's a list of sanctuaries http://www.irishanimals.ie/equine/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

I think the best thing to do is contact the donkey Sanctuary in Cork. Their website www.thedonkeysanctuary.ie

They will go out and look at them soon, and if necessary they will take them in.

If you dont want to I will contact my welfare officer as we have two donkeys that we foster and there are welfare inspectors throughout the country. I will need the exact details as to where they are.

They hate neglect or any form of abuse and will look into it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Dogluver is absolutely right, when it comes to donkeys then the DS is your best bet, they have inspectors covering all counties and are usually very quick to arrive and thorough in investigation. Whenever I work a cruelty case involving donkey I usually call in the DS as well.

Advertisement