Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

tallaght test route

Options
  • 21-04-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

hi, does anybody know the tallaght test route? and how many there are??
    i heard that somebody who was doing a test in tallaght was brought down near templeogue? is this a new route??

thanks...:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'd also like to know this. Got offered an appointment there but have never driven in the area at all.

I have this map of the route but I've no idea if its up to date. You'll need google earth to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭grahamo

1 of the routes is :From the test centre, up to Kingswood, in around Kingswood, do your 3 point turns etc., Back up around the Belgard Pub to Springfield, around to the Tallaght By-pass, turn in towards Tallaght Hospital, around the back of the square to the Belgard Road and the back to the test centre. Hope that helps! It may have changed, I took the test about 7 year ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 FionaS

I did this route yesterday and i passed!!! :D. Hope you can make it out. We turned right when we came out of the centre.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

well done fionas for passing!!
    and thanks everyone for your maps,can't actually open them up on my computer so will have to have a look when i get to another computer but thanks,.
    bit freaked out that a tester randomly brought somebody the templogue way as i didn't think that was a route but i guess i must be prepared for the fact they can bring me anywhere!!!
    would be nice to have practised on the route all the same though.. ah well. we shall see what happens.thanks again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭gaz d

IS it the sgs one you are talking about?
    There is no set test route a tester can make one up as they go along, the one you do with the instructor is only a popular one that they have learned through past pupils, like past papers in the leaving cert!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭wee bear

hi gaz d, yeah your right,!!! i actually had my test the other day!! and passed!!!! first time!!! yipee!!!!
    but yeah as you say i ended up going completely away from the areas i had practised in, didn't have a clue where i was!! found out after that it was passed kilnamanagh, up belgard road, all around cookstown, around springfield, few industrial ests, round by square, another ind est. and back towards centre!!! phew!!! (maybe this will help some of ye, who haven't gone near that area either to have a little drive around and see what its like)
    but luckily i had a good instructor who made sure i knew everything i was meant to do, so it didnt matter where i went,so glad its over though, stress!!

Advertisement