Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Arms M4A1 CQB-R

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

top gas is green.

Looks nice, theres something so much nicer about a gas gun than electric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Yeah, I saw this the other day and meant to post about it.

I'm probably going to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Good bye ozone layer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

yeah gas look so much better, and obviously the bolt action is nice to have

might get saving...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

was just looking at these this very minute, tempting as it is, i cant find anywhere that has extra magazines in stock and apparently the retail price on mags is about $80

then add in the fact that full auto will induce quite a bit of cool down in the mag and reduced fps... it's tempting, but i'd much rather if they had made it run on regulated co2 instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

They certainly look the part and perform very well.
    But what's the story surrounding the fps, 134a gives 300fps, yet the main gas in use in Ireland is green gas so you're looking at approx 380fps. If it's seized and tested on importation with green gas, it will be destroyed yes?

Steve

Yea, it's a bit of a grey area alright, Ehobby list it as having 380fps with top gas and 0.2g BBs, but it also says at 26degrees celsius.... at 20 degrees it could very well be 320-odd with green gas.

Something to be very careful of

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

seen this the other day ,there's a full clone version with all the features due out in a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

how does that work tho
    sure if you have and gbb in a hot room it might shoot 2% stronger

it seems lovely but i'd be scared of any wierd implications
    i'm thinking a collectors piece rather than for skirmishing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Gatling wrote: »
    seen this the other day ,there's a full clone version with all the features due out in a couple of weeks

Any idea who's making it ?

• Advertisement

indeed, most pistols are only about .8Joule, so your safe even on a warm summers day using propane, but this M4 could potentially go over 1 Joule, even in Irish weather.

The legal implications of this are very complicated, for now i'd strongly advise anyone who is interested in getting one to only use it with 134a gas

Shiva wrote: »

indeed

Gatling: got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Shiva wrote: »
    kdouglas wrote: »
    indeed

Gatling: got a link?

no idea who actuly is producing it.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=141513&pid=1752690&mode=threaded&start=#entry1752690

you might wanna read the rest of the thread, it turns out it was a joke by FarEast and it's actually the Tanio Koba M4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

That clone was a 'joke' or fareast not checking his sources but there is no clone in the works the pics where taken completely from TK's website complete rip off, the M4 does seem to have some problems as people have said the cool down up and down fps ( meant to be really bad on full auto) i would wait till some reviews come out, also i want to see what addons come out like metal body's and non at the moment would be compatible.

Advertisement