Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another crap CDWOW sale..

Options
  • 21-04-2008 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Why do they even bother?! :rolleyes:

Typical CDWOW sale (plenty of items have gone up in price!).. but let us know if there's anything worthwhile in it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

basquille wrote: »

More to the point, why did you bother posting it?:p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

kaizersoze wrote: »
    More to the point, why did you bother posting it?:p:pac:
    Because there's possibly one or two decent deals in there.

I just noticed Steve J's post regarding the sale saying you can get the new Coldplay or Madonna album for €9.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Because there's possibly one or two decent deals in there.

I just noticed Steve J's post regarding the sale saying you can get the new Coldplay or Madonna album for €9.99.

Some decent dvds there too and PS3 games -

Layer Cake, Twelve Monkeys, Million Dollar Baby, Snakes on a Plane all just €4.99 each delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Why do they even bother?! :rolleyes:

Typical CDWOW sale (plenty of items have gone up in price!).. but let us know if there's anything worthwhile in it.

They were one of 4 or 5 companies mentioned yesterday in an article in the Sunday Times newspaper for overcharging their customers using Euros. Argos were another, can't remember the rest.

Edit to say: Not CDWOW mentioned in the article. It was play.com. Posted in the wrong thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

but let us know if there's anything worthwhile in it.

Technically, this is a bargain request.... tempted to report it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Mr E wrote: »
    Reported.

/wonders who'll be notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Picked up Tiger Woods 06 for £5.99. Always enjoyed the demos but would never be bothered spending more than about €10 on it. Really couldn't care less that it's from 2 years ago. There's a few other xbox 360 games there for £6. Mostly sports games from 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mr E wrote: »
    Reported.

/wonders who'll be notified.
    Smartarses! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Some great DVD deals in it
    angel heart special 2 disc edition only €5.99 http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=3213&subcat=region2
    oasis definitetly maybe dvd at €4.99
    http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=12557 and a few others

• Registered Users Posts: 45,830 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The Wind in the Willows is going for £3.99. Good deal and maybe even better if there are any vouchers floating about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

NBA 2k6 and NHL 2K6 only £5.99, got to be a bargain if only for the easy acheivement points :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

I just bought from cdwow.com, instead of cdwow.ie

Bought Oasis: Definitely Maybe dvd and THE RACONTEURS Consolers Of The Lonely .

They are €4.99/£2.99 and €11.99/£7.99 depending on which website you use.

Basically i paid in sterling on cdwow.com so £10.98 (at 0.78, they never give you the exact rate) = €14.07.

The exact same transaction on cdwow.i is €16.98. Thats a saving of €2.90

I bought Portishead a week ago, thats a pre order so i'm not expecting it for a few weeks. The transaction is gone through on my credit card.

So, it looks like you can order on cdwow.com and they will deliver.

Its he easiest way to save a few quid. Just type cdwow.com instead of cdwow.ie.

Crazy stuff!!!

I post when my stuff arrives!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Does that same wee trick work on PLAY.com if you leave the currency on £Sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

GDM wrote: »
    Does that same wee trick work on PLAY.com if you leave the currency on £Sterling?

Nope, you can't ship to Ireland if you shop on play.com in sterling (and their exchange rate is crap if you shop in €). They used to be good, not anymore, better alternatives out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I would use CDWOW but have they sorted out their delivery problems yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Steve J

Not a bother with em

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

I would say not. I pre-ordered "I am Legend"... yes I have no taste!! So having pre-ordered it you would expect that I would be one of the first to receive it, WRONG.. To date I have had 4 emails telling me that the delivery has been delayed and the latest estimate is for the middle of May.
    I'm was tempted to cancel the order but as its already been paid for I dont rate my chances of being refunded too quickly so I'll just sit and wait.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

gears wrote: »
    I would say not. I pre-ordered "I am Legend"... yes I have no taste!! So having pre-ordered it you would expect that I would be one of the first to receive it, WRONG.. To date I have had 4 emails telling me that the delivery has been delayed and the latest estimate is for the middle of May.
    I'm was tempted to cancel the order but as its already been paid for I dont rate my chances of being refunded too quickly so I'll just sit and wait.:mad:

Good job you posted - was gonna order that!

But yeah, this seems to be happening a lot with new releases and region 1 DVDs. If you email them & cancel the order, you will get an e-voucher the next day usually. Note: This voucher must be used within about 2 weeks normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

i had to cancel my pre-order of GTA becuase the day before release they had still not received their shipment, had the refund within a few days. Wont be using them again though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its not only pre-orders their having problems shipping, i had two orders delayed by nearly 3 weeks, ended up canceling both and getting refunds, play got my money instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Cdwow.com delivered alright even though i paid in Sterling
    Worked out well, i paid euro equivalent of €13.88 (10.98GBP RATE 0.7911) instead of €16.98 that cdwow.ie wanted! €3.10 saved! Nearly a pint in the west!!

Advertisement