Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia music manger

Options
  • 21-04-2008 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭

does any1 else find this program very slow.. it takes about an hour to convert and transfer 1 album. also if i try to convert and transfer 100 after 10 or so songs songs it displays an error message and closes..

does any1 know of or use a better progam? that can also compresses them as i have 400+ songs on my N95 and still have more to transfer!!!

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

That's not right...
    Shouldn't take an hour for an album!
    what version pc suite? What kind of pc? Etcblah...
    I find, however, the n-series pc suite a bit buggy, alright. Go to nokiadotwhatever and download the pc suite for e61 or any other fancy non-n-series phone...
    but again, there's sth wrong with you're setup if it takes an hour! Have you uses similar products (music/video converters) before on that pc?
    if not, and this is the first time, maybe you should uninstall the suite, then clean your pc's registry with "advanced windows care" (freeware) or "ccleaner". Then get auslogic's registry defragger... Run that a couple of times, then download the latest pc suite for nokia e61 And see how it goes! (for older pc's converting music/video is hard labour...)

it takes me roughly 10 minutes (porb'ly less) to convert and transfer a cd...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

im using the N95-1 verision of pc suite on a 2 year old laptop. i can stream films fine on alluc and google vid etc so dont think the problem is with my computer... ill try what you said this evening and see how i get on....

just transfering an album takes over 10 mins, nearly 20. transfering and converting takes nearly 1 hour for an average size album (approx 20-22 songs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

So the laptop shouldn't be a prob - 2 yrs old... So it's not vista? softpedia.com or snapfiles.com or pc-utilities.co.uk should have some audio tool that sounds right for you... But yeah, a cleaned-up reinstall of pc suite might help, and the n-series suite, though good looking, is reportedly (and in my own experience) still a bit buggy (lol, n-series pc suite... It recognises my e61 but not my n95/8...though it works)

Advertisement