Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CO2 emissions listing by vehicle make and model

Options
  • 21-04-2008 9:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

While one grows accustomed to poorly designed documents, publications, timetables, network maps and signage of all types in “design dumb Ireland”, the Society of the Irish Motor Industry’s car CO2 listing takes the biscuit for lazy content assembly, poor document structure, inconsistency, irrelevancy of headings, poor graphic design, etc. etc…

http://www.simi.ie/Files/2008Co2Guide.pdf

.probe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭blackbox

It's a list.

I'ts in alphabetical order by make.

It's a bit dull (lists tend to be)

It can be searched for whatever type of car.

I'm no apologist for the SIMI, but what exactly are you looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

blackbox wrote: »
    It's a list.

I'ts in alphabetical order by make.

It's a bit dull (lists tend to be)

It can be searched for whatever type of car.

I'm no apologist for the SIMI, but what exactly are you looking for?

The list is incomplete – no information for Smart, Mercedes Benz or Porsche. Most of the column headings are blank underneath. There are no prices (even though there is a prominent exclusion clause notice at the top of several pages). There is no information on which model year the numbers refer to.

It would be better off in a csv or xml format which could be imported into any type of spreadsheet – including the free www.openoffice.org software. By all means supply a .pdf version as well.

Make
    Model
    Model Year
    Fuel type: (gasoline, diesel, GPL, gasoline hybrid, diesel hybrid etc)
    Engine cc/kW
    CO2 per km
    Fuel consumption (urban, extra-urban, mixed - l/100 km)
    Emissions standard: eg Euro1,2,3,4,5 or 6
    List price of basic vehicle
    List price of particulate filter for diesel cars if not €0
    Acceleration 0-100 km/h secs

One could then sort the data to find the lowest polluting vehicles that met one's needs!

.probe

Emissions standards:

http://www.dieselnet.com/standards/eu/ld.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭sarahirl

the change is font size throughout the document is a bit madcap

Probe,

I agree that it would be nice to be able to import it into Excel or some other spreadsheet.

It seems to mainly only cover current models.

I actually had already searched for Porsche and it had some (but not my model!)

I don't think Smarts are currently retailed in Ireland, but I could find them on the list anyway

I found Mercs on it when I searched for "benz" - maybe you need to update your acrobat reader.

Oops,

Probe you are right.

I hadn't spotted that even though the cars are listed, htere are no CO2 figures for them.

Apologies!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I tried to find this information in a database somewhere but couldn't anywhere. I'm tempted to try and write a script to pull the data from this pdf into an xml file or something and make it searchable on a site for people...

Advertisement