Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blu Ray players

Options
  • 21-04-2008 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am looking into getting a HD Plasma & a Blu Ray player.

This may seem like a silly question but....Will a Blu Ray player play ordinary dvd's or just Blu Ray discs?

It would be a pain if I have to keep my dvd player as well as my Sky box AND a Blu Ray player.

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Yep, all blu ray players will work as DVD players. Most of them are very good upscalers. Only thing is that they're not region free, I think you can make the panny BD10 region free but I wouldn't know how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

The BD30 can be made region free with the remote I believe , its still only profile 1.1 though , It might be worth it to wait a while for the BD50 , that will be updatable because it has an ethernet connection , whereas the BD30 does not and is stuck at profile 1.1.

I personally am waiting for a profile 2.0 or an updatable player , as it would just annoy me to buy a standalone player at the prices they are when there are some features of the technology that they just cant use.

The PS3 is the only profile 2.0 player out there at the moment. Everyone says its as good as most standalones , my thinking though , would be that the standalones probably will be better at the job , when one is released thats finished of course !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭anthony4335

Does any one have any links for the codes to make these players region free.

Advertisement