Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ethernet -> router -> wireless laptop trouble

Options
  • 20-04-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

hey all,

at the moment, i basically have zero knowledge of wireless routers. im having trouble setting up my router so as i can have internet both wirelessly onn my laptop, and wired on my desktop. im in college residence, so theres an ethernet socket in the wall (which i hook up to pc no prob)

jus messing around with trying to get wireless atm, but the eircom netopia router i have is asking me for a "security key or passphrase". all the papers that came with the router are at home in a box somewhere. is there any universal key i can use or can I remove the security feature or ANYTHING? anything at all i can do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Reset the router to the factory settings (usually done by holding in the reset button on the back for 10secs). Then download the manual for the router and follow the instructions on how to access it to configure.

Advertisement