Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Irish Vodafone mobile in UK with Skype?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Folks,

Can anyoone out there thell me please:

My other half is in the UK for the next month at least and she uses an Irish Vodafone mobile. While in the UK this phone costs a lot as she is receiveng loads of calls from Ireland.

Just curious if i call her on my skype/internet phone will Vodafone still charge her the same rates as when she takes regulare calls from Irish mobiles and landlines?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Make sure she has Vodafone Passport setup - http://www.vodafone.ie/offers/prepay/passport/ - then it's only 79c per call received.

Whether you call her from SKype or your mobile makes no difference to her rates.

The above assumes she is prepay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

colmranger wrote: »
    Folks,

Can anyoone out there thell me please:

My other half is in the UK for the next month at least and she uses an Irish Vodafone mobile. While in the UK this phone costs a lot as she is receiveng loads of calls from Ireland.

Just curious if i call her on my skype/internet phone will Vodafone still charge her the same rates as when she takes regulare calls from Irish mobiles and landlines?

She should have picked up one of the new 3IRL prepay SIMs for 9€ with 10€ credit on board and receive ALL her calls for nothing, not even 1c never mind 79, on 3UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

culabula wrote: »
    She should have picked up one of the new 3IRL prepay SIMs for 9€ with 10€ credit on board and receive ALL her calls for nothing, not even 1c never mind 79, on 3UK.

calls are free to receive on meteor pre pay too and 29c to make a call to either ireland or england so less than 3pay's 35c. texts are 20c though to 3's 5c but that's what these texting programs are for :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 5,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭culabula

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    calls are free to receive on meteor pre pay too and 29c to make a call to either ireland or england so less than 3pay's 35c. texts are 20c though to 3's 5c but that's what these texting programs are for :)

I would say use 3 to send an SMS to say 'ring me, please'. You're quids in, no matter what! Plus it avoids that popular English pastime of "Hunt the T-Mobile network".

Advertisement