Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent!! Geography Field Study!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 20-04-2008 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey all need help with my field study we did a river for erosion : discharge and river graident!!!

any tips would b most welcome!!!

does the word count really matter does it have to b babg on 1000 and 450 400 etc for each section coz i have like 1600 overall?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Yes the word count definately does matter .... http://www.examinations.ie/schools/GeographyInvestigationDraftOutlineMarkingScheme2006.pdf

1600 is way too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Lou110

it cant be over 1000 words. im in the middle of finishing mine. im the booklet for the actual rite up it tells u how many words for each sections like the intro is 50 words nd the planning is 100 nd for the methodologies there 225 words each for the 2 of em. if i remember the rest ill post em up for ya. we did the same the river erosion. so if u have ne more qs ask away!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

They have only ever checked the amount of words in the booklets once since the new geography course came in, the reason why they did this was because two students from cork divided the lines in their booklets so they could fit more in. The geography teacher in my school corrects the leaving cert geography papers every year and she went over my project with me and advised me not to leave anything out just to save on words.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭kirving

1600 is way too much! I'm on 1135 and tbh I could have written another 200 words easy if i wanted. I should be ok though. Getting the information across in a concise manner is part of the task, although dont skimp on the info if it means that you go over by a bit.

Advertisement