Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless network setup HELP!

Options
  • 20-04-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi - I'm trying to set upa simple wireless network in my house for internet and file sharing. I'm completely new to this but I'm having a hellish time tryiong to get everything working. Today I attached my Wireless adapter to my second computer and managed to get a connection! Was able to surf and share files. Turned off the computer - went out for a few hours, came back and my second computer no longer connects to the wireless network. Any suggestions what to try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well start by giving more info on your set up (how many PCs, what OS, what make and model of router and adapter cards, do you use DHCP, etc?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 silverstealth

If you have an antivirus program on your second computer it may be now blocking your connection after you re booted, also if your main computer is hard wired it just may be your wireless that is glitchy. You may sort this by simply removing power to the router for a few seconds before powering it back up.. Its always worth a try..

Advertisement