Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dundalk is turning into louths sincity

Options
  • 20-04-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

in the last few years Dundalk has gone from bad to worse every where you go you see gangs of youths terrifying old people and damaging other peoples propriety and most of them are on drugs of some sort i think that some form of vigilante group should be set up because the guards just turn a blind eye and even when the drug dealers names are sprayed on walls all over the town with there phone numbers the guards still do **** all it is time for the people of Dundalk to take back there beloved town from these gangs and drug dealers who are rotting the brains of our children in places like muirhevna mor , coxs and bayestate the drug dealers are giving out free bags of coke and heroin to kids as young as 8 just to get them hooked i no one young lad (14) who has to steel 150 euros worth of good to feed his habit i think a new name and shame blog should be set up and for all info to be investigated by our group and and if action needs to be taken then so be it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

riverboat wrote: »
    i think that some form of vigilante group should be set up
    i think a new name and shame blog should be set up and for all info to be investigated by our group and and if action needs to be taken the so be it.
    I can't see this ending well. I was tempted to report the post, seeing as it promotes illegal behaviour, but I think the OP may need some convincing of that first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 riverboat

we dont mean to cause any harm or to brake any rules but i think its about time the people of dundalk take a stand and stop living in fear of these tugs there would be no need for any of this if the guards had done there job in the first place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

I agree with you 100% riverboat! Im from a wee village a few miles north of Dundalk where drugs are also coming in and its only going to be a matter of time before someone is going to be killed by the increasing number of joyriders in the locality....so send me any ideas you would be thinking of and I will do my best to participate (once its not against the law or we would be just as bad as them!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

name and shame was tried before on a blog site a few years ago, it was quickly brought down as wild allegations were made on it, the guards are trying, but look at how most court cases in town end up:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Have to agree with you riverboat, it's getting well out of hand. I blame the peace process for most of the increase.
    indiewindy wrote: »
    the guards are trying, but look at how most court cases in town end up:mad:
    What more can the guards do, they catch the criminals, they go to court and some idiot of a judge gives them a slap on the wrist and they're back out on the streets.

What I really can't understand is how certain drug dealers/joyriders that are well known to the Gardai get away with what they're at day after day. They don't even wait till dark to go about their dodgy dealings, they do it during the day in front of everyone to see, going about as if they are untouchable. And then there's the ones were daddy is a Garda and always manage to get their acts kept quiet.

Time should reflect the crime but that's something our justice system can't grasp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

a zero tolerance approach should be takin to these sorts of crimes, a severe punishment that hits them where it hurts and no rehabilition or juvenile prison crap, the idea that criminals get human rights when they violate the rights of others is something I just dont understand, they break the law they should pay with a punishment that makes them think about doing it again and not get away with it because of legal red tape

the address for the new blog is http://dundalkvoice.blogspot.com feel free to post your concerns and because i think it will only be a matter of time before this thread is pulled down thank you for your support and i we can work together to get this town back on track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

riverboat wrote: »
    we dont mean to cause any harm or to brake any rules but i think its about time the people of dundalk take a stand and stop living in fear of these tugs there would be no need for any of this if the guards had done there job in the first place

that's exactly what you are doing. If you ignore the law, you're as much of a scumbag as the people you want to patrol/control. And no-one's reading your blog - i.e. take the hint. You're on your own with this one pal.

well tbh if you have a better idea i would love to hear it. what do you think people should do go to the guards and sit back while nothing happens and just let the scumbags ruin the town next you will be wanting them to to be in the dail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ok, here's my idea. Beat the politicians at their own game. They have clinics, and meetings and stuff, right? so, instead of patrolling the streets, get all the members of your gang to go to those meetings and clinics, and keep asking the same questions - "what is being done about crime in this town" - over and over again. It might take a while, but the result will be more permanent than vigilantes. Sorry for being sarky earlier, I appreciate your intentions are good, but you just can't go down that road.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Bored-Stupid

Gotta agree with both of you....yes tbh it would be best for a non-violent solution to be used but really Riverboats is the only way any action will be taken! Politicians will take no notice of you nomatter how repetitive and annoying we are! But im willing to try it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement