Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Service Announcement From RTE!

Options
  • 20-04-2008 3:53pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Some odd news today people!

From RTE:
    Two US tourists travelling in Ireland are asked to contact home for an urgent message.

Leslie and Ruth Anne Beres from Phoenix, Arizona, are travelling in the Munster region.

They are driving a black Kia Picanto, registration number 08 D 25264.

Gosh . . .must be pretty important!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never knew they did those anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Seeing as most US mobile phones don't work over here it's not all that surprising really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I've heard it a couple of times over the last few years. They should give you an idea as to what the 'big news' is if they're gonna be using my licence fee to broadcast it.

It'd be great if RTE would act as a public message board service, I'd ask them to tell the missus that the dinner is on the table :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no.. they shouldn't, it's none of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

connundrum wrote: »
    I've heard it a couple of times over the last few years. They should give you an idea as to what the 'big news' is if they're gonna be using my licence fee to broadcast it.

It'd be great if RTE would act as a public message board service, I'd ask them to tell the missus that the dinner is on the table :)

Surely it'd be the missus telling you that dinner's on the table? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

TPD wrote: »

Yeah, sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Mordeth wrote: »
    no.. they shouldn't, it's none of your business.
    Damn straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Maybe he gets spoon fed. The dinner was perhaps cooked by his second wife.

Hence the need for the public message board service to tell his first wife that his dinner has been placed on the table.

Perhaps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ruu wrote: »
    Never knew they did those anymore.

Same, I remember years ago after the 1 O'Clock News on RTE radio they used to read out the "Get in contact with" messages daily.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Don't misprenounce a place name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

TPD wrote: »
    Oooh, well we know who's wearing the pants in that relationship now anyway :D

Advertisement