Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trad outlets

Options
  • 20-04-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

i'm fairly handy at the box but need an outlet to play. I would love to get paid to play. Does anyone know anywhere that pays for live trad music? I presume that there must be somewhere in temple bar but I'm just not too sure where to look.

Please help!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

Hi I have info.I cant seem to be able to send pm to you.How much experience do you have.Can you back reels/jigs and lots of Trad songs.Rgds Rithim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

i'm fairly handy at the box but need an outlet to play. I would love to get paid to play. Does anyone know anywhere that pays for live trad music? I presume that there must be somewhere in temple bar but I'm just not too sure where to look.

Please help!!

Cheers

You wouldn't get a gig on your own, you'd need at least 1 if not 2 other people to get your own gigs and you'd all need to be tight i.e play the same tunes together well.

Do you have people/friends you usually play with? That would be the best way because then you can ask in pubs and say that there are 3 (or however many) of you available to do gigs etc etc....I'd scope out the trad pubs first to see what the sessions are like, what the music is like then bring your box and join in if it's a session that welcomes other musicians. Getting to know them, the tunes they play etc... may lead you to be asked to fill in for one if they're aren't able to make it some night.

Good Luck !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Find a session near you and join in?
    They are great to get to know and play with other musicians.

Advertisement