Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this router log mean others used my wireless?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Whats all the blocked listings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Wcool

Looking at your screen shot, i'd say no. Several guesses:

1)
    What is happening is that some IP addresses are trying to connect to you many times in a certain timeframe (probably multi times per second).

The router has a rule to mark that as suspicious. But it actually does not mean that you are hacked, but maybe that a script kiddie is trying a lot of password on telnet/ssh/ftp/http or so? Do you run any services?

2)
    From the screen shot I can see that you are running Limewire. Limewire protocol involves making a lot of connections. It could be that one of the people connecting to you a lot of times per second, and the router blocks that.
    Try switching off Limewire and see if you still have similar log entries.

My bet is on 2 by the way

PS Don't get carried away by logs, I run a linux server and every day I see countless attempts of scripts to log into my server. You will get used to it.

Advertisement