Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice welcomed here !

Options
  • 19-04-2008 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

:cool:hey everyone i have beeen accepted in to a 5 week voluntary teaching programme in China organised by a group called Orbis Institute they set up to send students from all over the world to go and teach in China so this year the Irish are going along with some Americans. we dont know exactly where we will be teaching yet just that we are going to Henan Province which is a very vast area!! we do not need any prior experience in teaching just the attitude to experience another culture. my question for boards is as anyone heard of this programme or past experiences of teaching in china just looking for some local knowledge about peoples experiences and where one would recommend to venture to as we have a lot of frreee time whilst we are out ther

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

hiya, make sure to get a lonely planet travel book or something. most of the info you need. research online about teaching english. most of what you'll be doing is games ect and conversion skills if my friends are anything to go by.

Advertisement