Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debranding K850i & O2 Settings

Options
  • 19-04-2008 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I have a K850i got it from the UK it was locked to Vodafone UK and I unlocked it, me being with Vodafone IE it didnt bother me that much with all the branding.

But now I have moved to O2 and I want to remove all the branding, is there anyway to do this for free?

Also when I go onto the SE website and try and send myself the settings its comes up on my phone when I try to install "Settings not valid. Check with your provider and try again." anyone know how I can get around this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭not14talk

Ok I branded my phone to O2 IE there today.

But I still cant get on the web.

I tried to send the setting to my phone from o2.ie but they dont have my model. I tried sending the K800i settings but nothing ever came through.

Help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Hi there, you can debrand your phone to generic software or to the o2ireland version if you prefer using wotanserver. Just google it - it costs around ten or twelve euro from memory and its very straightforward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

He's already debranded it....

OP I'd suggest actually going into an O2 shop if you can. I had the same problem ages ago with the settings not being received by my phone when they were sent via customer care or o2.ie.

I went into the o2 shop and they had a booklet of the settings there and manually entered them into the phone and it worked fine after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

did you try ?? the below?
    Settings --->In the General Tab
    Setup Wizard ---> Settings Download

Advertisement