Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for acousic guitarist/singer 4 pubs

Options
  • 19-04-2008 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Hi I'm a singer and I'm looking for somebody who is fairly good on guitar and has a voice ie people will listen 2 (and enjoy) 2 perform hit songs from the charts and the obvious classic numbers on the Dublin pub scene (summer is coming):)

I play rhythm guitar myself and I have been gigging and having some laugh for 3 to 4 years! I know a good set (love suggestions) and I would like to meet someone with experiance in gigging and singing live!

Please get back to me as soon as possible!:)

p.s I have absolutely no interest in original bands!:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 gman100

hey man,

i'm decent on the guitar, have a decent voice as well, would be interested in doing a few sets. havent gigged in a while but would like to get back into it over the summer. i'm 25, from dublin. pm me your number and i'll give you a bell, see how our musical tastes compare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dylan1969

what's up bro? I just seen the message you sent me there! its been a while since ive been on the site hows things anyway? Are you gigging at the moment? Im still looking to get something in the way of getting a band together, so please get back to me if any of the following mean anything to you: Beatles, Doors, Stones, Ginsberg, Doherty, Harmonys, Money and Madness.

Thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dylan1969

gman100 wrote: »
    hey man,

i'm decent on the guitar, have a decent voice as well, would be interested in doing a few sets. havent gigged in a while but would like to get back into it over the summer. i'm 25, from dublin. pm me your number and i'll give you a bell, see how our musical tastes compare!
    what's up bro? I just seen the message you sent me there! its been a while since ive been on the site hows things anyway? Are you gigging at the moment? Im still looking to get something in the way of getting a band together, so please get back to me if any of the following mean anything to you: Beatles, Doors, Stones, Ginsberg, Doherty, Harmonys, Money and Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bren73

Hello there,

It sounds like I have identical music tastes, and musical outlets, as yourself.

I've been playing Acoustic guitar for about 10 years now. Nothing too technical, mainly to accompany singing. My voice is more Beautiful South than Beautiful Day, if I'm honest, but quite tuneful and powerful enough to work in a live acoustic setting.

I'll play anything I can learn, but tend to get asked for: Johnny Cash, Dubliners, Beatles, Beautiful South, Bruce Springsteen, Christy Moore, Queen, Bowie - and many other assorted one-off covers that just work well in Crowds.

I haven't enormous gigging experience, but I have mike and 2-in-1 "buskers amp", for Guitar and Mike.

34 Years old, living in Swords, Free at weekends, not particularly worried about making any money, just interested in an outlet for an awful lot of covers learnt but under-used.

Thanks indeed,

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sunny83

Hi! Are you still interested in maikng music with me? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Bren73

Hey there, Sunny83,

I'm probably showing my age, inexperience and congenital idiocy here, but I didn't know I had written to you. Sorry. I'm definitely interested in playing guitar/singing. Not sure if your message was to me. But, if you're looking for someone with a lot of covers on acoustic guitar, a okay voice (so far as I know) and plenty of experience playing, if not actually gigging, then I'm your man. Thanks indeed, Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 sunny83

Hi Bren! I did not mean you but Dylan 1969. Actually I am looking for a coverband or something to play in pubs. Check out my myspace page and tell me what you think: www.myspace.com/withinsunny

Advertisement