Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

root canal treatment-medical card?

Options
  • 19-04-2008 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I was told that I need a root canal treatment which would cost at 600 euro.I am a medical card holder and I attend a private medical clinc.
    The dentist told me that the cost cannot be covered by the medical card because the tooth is not among the front ones.

Can anyone confirm it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Mate look in the state benefits forum links to all the info u need there im not able to link you but help is at hand there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I can confirm that the medical card will only cover your top and bottom front 6 teeth. Central incisor, lateral incisor and canine on each side. I know this sucks, is bad preventive dentistry and is one reason why I now refuse to work the medical card. They would rather pay for you to have a denture than your own tooth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭suzieb

Softcube,

Afaik your dentist can refer you to the Health Board Dentist who will do this.
    Look into this through your dentist and local health board.
    I am 100% in certain parts of dublin this can be done.

Advertisement