Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 08....

Options
  • 19-04-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Is anyone like ready for it yet cos like i know theres five or six weeks left but like i have so much to do and i've been studying since september.....

Also whats the best way to study cos i just read the chapters and make notes whilst i read...which i must say TAKES FOREVER!!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I reitorate that if you're anyway intelligent, any do any work at all in school you'll be fine. Make some small notes and read them the night before.

No need to go reading entire books etc....

Its only the junior cert. Period!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The vast majority of people who do badly in the JC do so because

a) they do not answer the right number of questions, or select incorrect options
    and
    b) they do not answer the questions asked

Know the layout and options involved in each paper before you go in.
    Make sure you answer the correct number of questions/sections.
    Carefully read the questions you are asked and make sure you answer them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 winner92

All I did before the mocks was exam papers and used e-xamit.ie to check answers!! I didnt use textbooks at all and i was happy with the 99% of my results so i will defo do the same before the jc! I've hardly written any notes all year!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Well I hope im ready now because once GTA4 comes out then ther goes any preparation time:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Phantasm

Paying as much attention in class as possible and doing all your homework should do it for you.

You may want to revise Maths because that doesn't really just magically come back to you on the day.

Surely you're revising in class anyways, yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭aliqueenb

ah you'll be grand lol, just read notes teachers give you, do exam q's etc. and have a positive attitude going into class, cos thats what let me down in irish and religion which i only got b's in. went into irish always saying irish is a dead language, and was just called a jaffa in religion all the time. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Hmmmm, maybe I should start studying then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 randy lug

Hmmmm, maybe I should start studying then.
    i guess i should make a bust as well. i say i won't start study till the last week:D:D

I seriously regret doing the Junior Cert course through Irish. Definitely one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

I seriously regret doing the Junior Cert course through Irish. Definitely one of the biggest mistakes I ever made.

You went to a GaelScoil is it, Why one of the biggest mistakes?
    I understand there are some extra marks for doing the exam in irish? Correct me if i'm wrong.

• Advertisement

You went to a GaelScoil is it, Why one of the biggest mistakes?
    Yes, I did.

Doing it through Irish is easy up to the point where I have to study. I find that studying and learning off things in Irish is a lot more difficult than doing it in English. I guess it probably just sounds like an excuse or something but I've always felt a lot more comfortable reading, writing and learning off things in English - it's just a lot easier for me. I've also had better results in the subjects I do through English.
    I understand there are some extra marks for doing the exam in irish? Correct me if i'm wrong.
    Yes, you get an extra 10% when you do your exam through Irish.

For example; if you were to get 60%, you would get 10% of that and add it on which means your final mark would be 66%.

Once you get to around the 85% mark, though, the 10% is reduced to 5% or something like that.

Advertisement