Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roster Full?

Options
  • 19-04-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all,

Ive been checking up on yer progress over the past few months and im moving to Dublin in 3 weeks time for work, so was just wondering are ye recruiting anymore players? Im playing with a Junior team in the top league here in Sligo, and have played Intervarsisties at the top level 2 years ago, want to play with some team in the astro and thought id ask seeing as i wont be able to train during the week now! Play Centre Back, Right Back or Right Midfield.

Thanks Guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Redders825 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Ive been checking up on yer progress over the past few months and im moving to Dublin in 3 weeks time for work, so was just wondering are ye recruiting anymore players? Im playing with a Junior team in the top league here in Sligo, and have played Intervarsisties at the top level 2 years ago, want to play with some team in the astro and thought id ask seeing as i wont be able to train during the week now! Play Centre Back, Right Back or Right Midfield.

Thanks Guys.

good to hear from you, our squad is 23 at the moment and IMO, is already too big. now, while we never get 23 and its always going to be 18 at most, i cant see us needing players for the immediate future, unless 4 or 5 drop out during the summer. my advice is keep a check on the match threads every week and see who the numbers are faring and bump up this thread in a few weeks and see how its going.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Good to hear the interest Redder. This is Des' (our manager) call to be honest. Robbie was just forced to drop out so he may feel there is a spot, though we may still have more than enough players, but it'll be Des' call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

We can definitely use a centre back alright. Though it's Des's call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Redders825

Cheers, thanks lads! I suppose ill wait to see what Des has to say, sure either way, ill keep my ear to the ground! Ye guys seem to take it seriously, which i want, no point turning up and pissing about for an hour! Whats the standard like?

hey lads,

looks as though no free space has come available in your team. Im moving to Dublin next week so looking to get some sort of 11 a side footie organised. Do you know where i could find teams that are looking for players in the astro league? or do you know someone else involved with a team that are looking for someone.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

There's a place on the astro website that lets you stick your number up so teams in need can contact ya. But dunno if anyone actually checks it.

where you plan on living and working? im sure theres plenty of teams needing players, however the grass 11 a side is ending now and the astro leagues are hitting week 6.

my first bet is to try work and surely somebody there will have something for you. but just keep an eye here in case numbers drop......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

There will be a spot free mate from this week on.
    I've been told by the guards that i need laser eye surgery to get my job offer, so im booked in for next week for surgery.
    Apparantly I cant play contact sports for 6-8 weeks afterwards, and by that stage ill have moved away anyway. So unfortunately I'm dropping out.

Ive spoken to Des, and he is ok with me offering my spot to redders (for a small price!!)
    So Redders825 you interested?

Gutted to have to pull out but thats the way it has to be and hopefully ill be able to join back in the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Sorry to hear that ye big lug.

Bummer, sorry to hear that Shay - and your first goal was just around the corner and all, and ya knew it was gonna be a screamer when it finally comes!

All the best with the law enforcement and what have ya, just be sure to go easy on us if you ever catch us on a team night out in full festive spirit :D

Hope to see you back next season chief.

That leaves only me, Lepo, Cathal (back from a 1 season interlude), Michael, Colm, and Simon from the original squad photo here. Guess we need to get a new team photo sorted so!

• Advertisement

Yeh good luck Shay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

cheers lads , and now I know why I never scored, cos I couldnt see properly, well thats my excuse and Im sticking to it!

Im sure redders will be a decent addition to the squad if he chooses to take my spot!

With Dave and Larry heading off we could use another winger and seems as if this lad can play on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Sorry to hear about that Shay. Sure you'll be back next season.
    I'll bring my camera to the next game so that we'll have a new team snap.

Redders, good to have you (in a non sexual way).

Lepo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Best of luck Shay.

your one of the characters of the team Shay, best of luck with the treatment. im sure you will wear the blue again sometime soon.

Lads, you may have to plan without me also for a while :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads, you may have to plan without me also for a while :(
    Why?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hey guys, instead of starting a new thread, if a place becomes available over the summer or after i'd be interested in joining. I would have joined this time but i was an unemployed bum and couldn't afford it. Glad to see ye doing so well. I generally play anywhere in midfield and can prob fill in at either full back spot as well.

We'll be losing a few players over the summer so could be an opening. Where in Kildare you from lordgoat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

All the best Shay. Laser Eye Surgery is fantastic, got it done over christmas and was one of the best decesions i've made.

• Advertisement

DesF wrote: »
    Why?

moscow next week and work want me to go off to the other side of the world again for 3 weeks.

and by the way lads, im going to be banned off this again thanks to des thoughi have no complaints really as he was only backing me up the united thread!

though he maybe banned himself also!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    We'll be losing a few players over the summer so could be an opening. Where in Kildare you from lordgoat?

I'm in maynooth. Cool i'll keep an eye on things.

No word from Redders for a few days so hopefully he gets back on here soon if he wants in.

That soccer forum always seem to be a farce with bannings all over the place alright, surely Des gets diplomatic managerial immunity though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Nope, I'm banned from soccer.:D:D

so thats me,shay and you....anybody else wanna join in!?!

shay is on some mission today in one certain forum.

Lads,

really sorry i havent got back to ye in so long! i havent got the broadband sorted in dublin yet so just home for the weekend and signed in. Im available to play from next week on - thats of course if ye still need a centre half. Just one quick question - what nights do ye usually play?

I can sort out money with whoever im taking the place of, thats not a problem. If you could come back to me asap as i wont be online after monday until late next week.

Thanks lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Redders825 wrote: »
    Lads,

really sorry i havent got back to ye in so long! i havent got the broadband sorted in dublin yet so just home for the weekend and signed in. Im available to play from next week on - thats of course if ye still need a centre half. Just one quick question - what nights do ye usually play?

I can sort out money with whoever im taking the place of, thats not a problem. If you could come back to me asap as i wont be online after monday until late next week.

Thanks lads.

Games are on Tuesday nights anytime from 7pm to 10pm , cup games (which are rare) are usually Friday nights.
    Give me a pm to sort out taking my place, i think 50 is a fair price, theres over half the season left.
    Take it easy and enjoy the games :)

Advertisement