Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What am I doing wrong?? Setting up wireless digital music player

Options
  • 19-04-2008 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I have a Netgear MP101 here that a friend bought and he told me he couldnt get it to work but he is not very familiar with networks, so I took it home thinking I'd give it a shot and then explain the install to him :D

Turns out I'm stuck also!!! :confused:

Anyway, I will give any details I think are relevant but if I have missed anything, please ask me.

I installed the server software and set it up on the pc. I then switch on the unit and it finds my wireless network and associates no problem (I totally disabled security to make this easy and quick!). I set it to DHCP and its assigned an IP address which is perfect. By the way, when I check in my router settings, it shows my PC and Netgear MP101 as the only 2 devices connected to the network.

I then get it to scan for servers but it finds none, so I do the following

Router Firewall - OFF
    Windows Firewall - OFF
    Port Forwarding - ALL SET UP
    UDP Ports: 1360, 1900.
    TCP Ports: 1025-1035, 3640, 3641, 4000, 4001, 7000-7010, 49200-49210.
    9 new entries in my NAT settings, called Netg1-Netg9
    Originally had 7 entries as I did 3640-3641 as one and 4000-4001 as one and thought when it wasn't working that maybe I needed to do them as singles.

Apart from all the above, I cant think of anything else I need to add??

Oh yeah, I have AVG AV installed and running XP Pro. Disabled AVG "just in case" but STILL nothing!!!!

I am totally stumped here. There doesnt seem to be a logical reason it isnt working. I even pinged the device from my PC and its perfect also

SOMEBODY HELP!!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Oh also, I rebooted router, pc, netgear device, restarted server etc etc and still no help

Advertisement