Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG M4's Do they all have the same internals??

Options
  • 18-04-2008 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

Bought a JG M16A4 a few weeks ago from IAS and I have got to say I really like it. It was my first AEG, so nothing to compare it with but I'm impressed.

So now I'm thinking of getting one of the JG M4A1 IAS has, but was looking at an M4 S-System on another site and like the look of it better. Had been looking at reviews into both and I'm getting the impresseion that they do not have the same internals. Lot of good reviews about M4A1 but not so many about the S-System.

As I'm new to Airsoft I presumed if they were both the same Make & Model, JG, TM, CA, they would all have pretty much the same internals. Am I wrong?? How could the M4A1 be great and the S-System be not so great, apart from weight and look would they not be the same.

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

almost all M4s wil have the same "type" of internals but its the quality in each that makes them different,. the JG is up there as probably the best clone manufacturer so i wouldnt worry about having any probs with the gears, my standard JG gears are holding up nicely even though the gun is running a 10.8 battery.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Well, all m4's would have a type 2 gearbox.

All the Jing gongs should have good internals, the s-system would be the same if it was JG, it may be a dboys though, which is still a tough aeg.

Parts would all be compatible though, JG usually have good internals, dboys only slightly less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

vtec wrote: »
    almost all M4s wil have the same "type" of internals but its the quality in each that makes them different,. the JG is up there as probably the best clone manufacturer so i wouldnt worry about having any probs with the gears, my standard JG gears are holding up nicely even though the gun is running a 10.8 battery.,

10.8 on a stock? Dude. Would the 36 hold that?(With an external of course).

10.8 on a stock? Dude. Would the 36 hold that?(With an external of course).

well the gears are the original ones, it has a systema piston, bearing bushes, shimmed, tappet plate, hop etc etc, i got gears later on but its working so well the last few months i dont really see the point in changing the gears., maybe when i get around to getting a systema turbo.,

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Yeah I know the internals might differ from Make to Make (JG to TM) But do they differ within the same model.

Like I said the JG M4A1 got a lot of good reviews, however the JG M4 S-System had a lot of varing reivews. So I'm wondering would a company use different internals in the same Model eg. M4A1 and M4 S-System.

• Advertisement

no its very likely that it will be exactly the same stuff, its the same version from the same manufacturer after all.,

Yeah I had though that but just said I'd ask when I saw the different reviews. Will see if IAS have any intention of getting the S-System in.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

We're actually looking into changing all the M4's to JG, it'll probably happen in our next AEG order!

We're actually looking into changing all the M4's to JG, it'll probably happen in our next AEG order!

Sweet, I'll keep an eye out. If you can get a price for the S-System 2008 version aswell.

Advertisement