Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K800 interet shortcut problem

Options
  • 18-04-2008 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

does anyone know how i can turn off the internet shortcut on the sony/ericsson k800 keypad? i find that i keep pressing it in my pocket so it costs me a fortune

I used to just disable the internet settings so it couldnt connect but now i have "cabbage mobile" that needs to use the internet.

the dilemma begin that the money im saving using web texts is begin completely outweighed by the cost of my pocket surfing the web.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

You can't turn it off but you can set it to not connect to the internet.

Point it to a local webpage on your phone or soemthing.

Alternative, turn on automatic keypad lock or lock your keypad before putting it into your pocket.

++ edit
    Try this link to have the internet button not connect to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭velocirafter

i actually found another way. i was able to disable the wap setting for the internet but have them enabled for java applications.

thanks for the advice though. i must set up the automatic keypad lock neway!!

Advertisement